Faculty of Business and Law High Achiever Scholarship
The Faculty of Business and Law established this scholarship in 2015 to attract and retain high achieving undergraduate students to the Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Commerce programs through a scholarship aimed to recognize, support, enrich, and reward these students.
Applicable to:Business, Commerce, commencing, high-achiever, ATAR.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be commencing in the first year of Bachelor of Business or Bachelor of Commerce with the University of Newcastle.
- Be enrolled full-time (minimum 30 units).
- Have achieved an ATAR or equivalent tertiary entry score of 85 or higher.
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Not be enrolled in a combined or double degree.
- Not hold another scholarship (excluding Commonwealth Scholarships).
- Not have previously completed a degree.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- None Required.
- Scholarship Amount: $2,000
- Number of scholarships available: 10
Applications are not submitted for this scholarship. Scholarships are automatically awarded following Semester 1 Main Round Admissions.
The number of scholarships awarded annually is subject to funding. Not all students who receive an ATAR greater than 85 are guaranteed a scholarship. Where required, preference will be given to students who completed their Higher School Certificate in the year prior to entering University at a school that qualifies for the University's Regional and Rural Preference Scheme .
School Postcodes included in the Regional and Rural Preference Scheme:
- Central Coast 2250-2263
- Mid-North Coast 2431-2459
- Hunter Region 2264-2338 and 2413-2430
- New England 2339-2412
- Central West 2787-2820 and 2845-2877
- Western Plains 2821-2844 and 2878
- Northern Rivers 2460-2483
- Broken Hill 2879-2880
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759