Faculty of Business and Law Student Support Scholarship
05 March 2017
The Faculty of Business and Law established this scholarship to assist students experiencing financial hardship with the costs of study.
Applicable to:Commencing, Continuing, Business, Commerce, financial hardship.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be in any year of a Bachelor of Business, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Combined Law Program or a Combined Degree, where both degrees are offered in the Faculty of Business and Law.
- Be enrolled full-time (minimum 30 units).
- Be able to demonstrate exceptional circumstances which necessitate part-time enrolment if not enrolled full time.
- Demonstrate that the ability to study is affected, or will be affected, by financial hardship.
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Not have previously completed a degree.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- A current Centrelink Income Statement or notice of eligibility for assistance, a centrelink Low Income Health Care Card, or a Financial Hardship Statement.
- A statement explaining your financial situation and how the scholarship would assist with your future studies.
Sixteen (16) scholarships are available. Each scholarship provides a benefit of $1000, payable via instalments of $500 after each semester census date.
Selection is a competitive process and will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759