What is a Researcher Profile?
The Researcher Profile is an individual internet profile on the University's website and provides a user friendly and efficient way of showcasing your body of work. It is a publicly accessible profile designed to highlight areas of expertise including research, teaching/mentoring/leadership and administrative.
- View an example of a completed Researcher Profile
- The Researcher Profile Visual Guide
The profile data displayed and where it comes from
- View flowchart of web profile creation process
The role of the researcher and Research Services in setting up a researcher profile
The main data repository for researcher profile information is the Research Portfolio Manager database RPM.
Researcher Profile Creation Process
1. Update the mandatory fields necessary to activate your Researcher Profile. Read the RPM quick Reference Guide Keywords and Research Expertise including Personal FoR codes. This guide outlines the minimum mandatory fields to be completed before your profile can be activated on the web. Login to RPM. and update fields.
2. Email Research Performance and Systems
Contact us at RPS@newcastle.edu.au to request that your profile be activated.
3. Update your UoN online staff directory details to include a link to your Researcher Profile
Staff directory details instructions.
4. Check Profile content
Once your profile is activated you will be able to view your HR qualifications, UoN affiliated grants, publications and supervision. (RPM receives data feeds from the relevant other University databases to populate your webpage). This information is provided by the central systems responsible for each of these areas. If you have queries regarding this data, please see below for the primary contacts. Please note only NON-affiliated research outputs may be directly entered into RPM.
|Publications||Publications@newcastle.edu.au||Library Publications Guide|
|Grants||Research-Grants@newcastle.edu.au||Research Information Management System RIMS|
|Supervision||Research@newcastle.edu.au||Register of Supervisors|
|Human Resources||Human Resource contacts|
5. Add a photo and/or other details
You can also include a photo, links to UoN courses and programs, an image gallery and related links to organisations etc. to your profile. Please complete the Researcher Profile Overlay Template and forward to your school web publisher with attachments.
6. Notify the Head of your School that your profile is now publicly accessible.
Researcher Profile Creation Process – additional setup options
7. Input non-affiliated research outputs
In RPM you can enter publications, funding/grants and supervision from other academic institutions where you were previously employed. To view the the quick reference guides click on the the following: publications, funding/grants and supervision
8. Input other related academic information
In RPM you can update esteemed and applied measures as well as creating a biography, including research achievements, interests and collaborations. See the relevant quick reference guides.
9. Check membership of UoN Priority Research Centre/s (PRCs).
PRC membership is determined by the PRC director/s. Once your profile is activated, links to any existing PRC that you have been recorded as a member of will automatically appear in your profile under the "Groups and Centres" section. For queries regarding PRC membership please contact Georgie.Karydis@newcastle.edu.au
10. Create Group and Non PRC Centre membership details in RPM.
RPM also maintains researcher membership lists for non-PRC centres and groups. If you have a group or centre (non-PRC) membership that is not currently appearing in your profile, please contact RPS@newcastle.edu.au. The next round of RPM updates currently underway, will allow the researcher to manage their our own group and centre membership records.
11. Highlight best publication outputs
Select those publications both affiliated and non-affiliated that you would like to have listed at the top of your publications listings. Please see quick reference guide – Best Outputs
12. Link your profile to the Register of Supervisors
If you are qualified by your school to be on the UoN Register of Supervisors, contact the Office of Graduate Studies email@example.com to have your profile linked to the register.