Research Performance and Systems Unit
The Research Performance and Systems Unit at the University of Newcastle provides support for the collection of Research Income and Research Publications data. This contributes to the annual governmental Higher Education Research Data Collection. The Unit also helps prepare a number of internal reports and publications which collate and analyse the research output of the University.
The Unit’s other areas of responsibility are for research information management systems, statistical reporting and research performance monitoring and reporting. Information systems include:
- Research Portfolio Manager RPM: current University Researcher data for compilation of Excellence in Research Australia (ERA) reports and researcher web profiles.
- Research Information Management System RIMS: research grants administration, tracking and reporting including research grant human and animal ethics requirements.
- Research Animal Maintenance System RAMS: Order and track research animals and associated charges.
- Researcher web profiles: Researcher Profiles promote individual researchers and enhance reputations as well as allowing fellow universities colleagues and students to know who you are. Information on how to create a reseracher profile can be found here. Enquires regarding researcher profiles should be sent to: RPS@newcastle.edu.au
- The UoN publications collection database: Callista.
The team collects and interprets research information at various levels and provides data reports for Faculties, Schools, Centres and groups (including Priority Research Centres) and other tiers of management.
Please follow the links below for additional information and services: