Reserving and Renewing
How to place a Hold (Reservation)
Holds can be placed on items which are on loan to another borrower. On their return they will be put on the Holdshelf to await collection or despatched to a Distance Education student. For on-campus students, if the item is not collected within 5 days, it will be returned to the Library shelves or the next hold will be activated.
Holds may also be placed by Distance Education students on items showing Available in the Library to enable the selection and posting of items to them. This is only applicable for Renwick Centre Library campus items, not items held by Auchmuty, Huxley or Central Coast Campus Libraries.
Clients can have up to 4 holds at any one time.
When you display an item on NEWCAT, select:
- Request item tab.Choose which volume you require (in most circumstances this will be the Renwick item)
- Type your Library number (Student ID no.) and your PIN no. (4-6 numbers). You will be prompted to setup a PIN when you first use a service. If you forget your PIN please check with Renwick Centre Library and your PIN no. field will be deleted and you can setup a new one.
- Choose a pickup location (this must be Renwick if you are a Distance Education student wanting the item to be posted or an on-campus student wishing to collect from Renwick Centre Library)
- The screen will display "REQUEST RECORDED" when complete.
How to check your Holds
Log into My Library section within NEWCAT using your Student ID and password. It will show the status of your Holds or reservations.
You will notified when your holds are available via the Studentmail email system. Distance Education students will have the items despatched to them by mail or airmail for international students and on-campus students are required to collect their items from the Loans Desk. You may also check by telephoning the library, or asking at the Loans desk.
How to cancel a Hold
Follow the above procedure, then Select the items you wish to Cancel.
You may renew material which you have on loan, provided nobody else has placed a hold on it, and the request is made before the due date.
It is advisable to renew items a few days before the books are due so as to allow time to return a book if it has a 'Hold' on it and cannot be renewed. All loan periods are calculated from the day you renew.
The quickest way to renew is via the menu page on NEWCAT, the online catalogue, using the My Library tab at the top of the page.
You may also renew items, if unable to do it via NEWCAT, by:
- Phone: (02) 9872 0285
- Email: Renwick Centre Library