The publications listed below are ranked either A* or A by the ARC. (The ERA rankings are based on the ARC ERA Rankings Guidelines). Other significant publications are also listed.
For detailed publication information for our researchers, please view their research profiles via our staff.
- Belanger, L.J., Plotnikoff, R. , Clark, A. & Courneya, K.S. (2011) Physical activity and health-related quality of life in young adult cancer survivors: A Canadian provincial survey. Journal of Cancer Survivorship, 5, 44-53, (doi: 10.1007/s11764-010-0146-6).
- Berry, T., Spence, J., Plotnikoff, R. & Bauman, A. (2011) Physical activity information seeking and advertising recall. Health Communication, 26, 246-254, (doi: 10.1080/10410236.2010.549810), (First published on: 23 February 2011 (iFirst)).
- Cliff, D.P., Okely, A.D., Morgan, P.J. , Steele, J.R., Jones, R.A., Colyvas, K. & Baur, L.A. (2011) Movement skills and physical activity in obese children: randomised controlled trial. Medicine & Science in Sports and Exercise, 43(1), 90-100.
- Collins, C.E. , Morgan, P.J. , Warren, J.M., Lubans, D.R. & Callister, R. (2011) Men participating in a weight loss intervention are able to implement key dietary messages, but not those relating to vegetables or alcohol: The SHED-IT study. Public Health Nutrition, 14(1), 168-175.
- Collins, C.E. , Okely, A.D., Morgan, P.J. , Jones, R.A., Burrows, T.L., Cliff, D.P., Colyvas, K., Warren, J.M., Steele, J.R. & Baur, L.A. (2011) Long-term outcomes of the HIKCUPS multi-site randomized trial: Efficacy of a parent-centred dietary-modification program, child-centred physical activity program or both in overweight children. Pediatrics, 127(4), 619-627.
- Faulkner, G., McCloy, C., Plotnikoff, R. & Tremblay, M. (2011) Relaunching a national social marketing campaign: Expectations and challenges for the 'new' ParticipACTION. Health Promotion Practice, 12(4), 569-576, (doi: 10.1177/1524839909349180).
- Hall, L., Collins, C.E. , Morgan, P.J. , Burrows, T.L., Lubans, D.R. & Callister, R. (2011) Children's intake of fruit and selected energy-dense nutrient-poor foods is associated with fathers' intake. Journal of the American Dietetic Association, 111, 1039-1044.
- Imayama, I., Plotnikoff, R. , Courneya, K,S. & Johnson, S. (2011) Determinants of quality of life in type 2 diabetes population: The inclusion of personality. Quality of Life Research, 20, 551-558, (doi:10.1007/s11136-010-9772-8).
- Lubans, D.R. , Morgan, P., J. , Callister, R. , Plotnikoff, R.C. , Eather, N., Riley, N. & Smith, C. J. (2011) Test-Retest reliability of a battery of field-based health-related fitness measures for adolescents. Journal of Sports Sciences, 29(7), 685-693, (DOI: 10.1080/02640414.2010.551215), (IF = 1.619, ERA = B).
- Lubans, D.R. , Morgan, P.J. , Aguiar, E. & Callister, R. (2011) Randomised controlled trial of the Physical Activity Leaders (PALs) program for adolescent boys from disadvantaged secondary schools. Preventive Medicine, 52, 239-246.
- Morgan, P.J. & Callister, R. (2011) Effects of a pre-season intervention on anthropometric characteristics of semi-professional rugby league players. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 25(2), 432-440.
- Morgan, P.J. , Collins, C. , Plotnikoff, R.C. , Cook, A.T., Berthon, B., Mitchell, S. & Callister, R. (2011) Efficacy of a workplace-based weight loss program for overweight male shift workers: the Workplace POWER (Preventing Obesity Without Eating Like A Rabbit) randomized controlled trial. Preventive Medicine, 52, 317-325.
- Morgan, P.J. , Lubans, D.R. , Callister, R. , Okely, A.D., Burrows, T., Fletcher, R. & Collins, C.E. (2011) The 'Healthy Dads, Healthy Kids' randomized controlled trial: efficacy of a healthy lifestyle program for overweight fathers and their children. International Journal of Obesity, 35, 436-447.
- Morgan, P.J. , Lubans, D.R. , Collins, C.E. , Warren, J.M. & Callister, R. (2011) 12-month outcomes and process evaluation of the SHED-IT RCT: an internet-based weight loss program targeting men. Obesity, 19, 142-151.
- Plotnikoff, R.C. & Karunmuni, N. (2011) Steps Towards Permanently Increasing Physical Activity in the Population. Current Opinion in Psychiatry, 24(2), 162-167, (doi:10.1097/YCO.0b013e3283438107).
- Plotnikoff, R.C. , Johnson, S. T., Loucaides, C. A., Bauman, A. E., Karunamuni, N. D. & Pickering, M. A. (2011) Population-based Estimates of Physical Activity for Adults with Type 2 Diabetes: A cautionary tale of potential confounding by weight status. Journal of Obesity, 5 pages, (10.1155/2011/561432).
- Plotnikoff, R.C. , Lippke, S., Johnson, S., Hugo, K., Rodgers, W. & Spence, J. (2011) Awareness of Canada's Physical Activity Guide to Healthy Living in a large community sample. American Journal of Health Promotion, 25(5), 294-297, (doi: 10.4278/ajhp.090211-ARB-60).
- Plotnikoff, R.C. , Trinh, L., Courneya, K.S., Karunamuni, N. & Sigal, R.J. (2011) Predicators of physical activity in adults with type 2 diabetes. American Journal of Health Behavior, 35(3), 359-370.
- Taylor, L.M., Spence, J.C., Raine, K., Plotnikoff, R.C. , Sharma, A.M. & Vallance, J. (2011) Self-Reported Physical Activity Preferences Among Individuals with Prediabetes. The Physician and Sports medicine, 39(2), 41-49.
- Trinh, L., Plotnikoff, R.C. , Rhodes, R.E., North, S. & Courneya, K.S. (2011) Associations between physical activity and quality of life in a population-based sample of kidney cancer survivors. Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention, 20(5), 859-868, (doi: 10.1158/1055-9965.EPI-10-1319), (Published OnlineFirst April 5, 2011).