REGISTER FOR THE NEXT VOLUNTEER PREPARATION COURSE FOR HOME-START
Starting Wednesday 29th May finishing 24th July 2013. This is an 8 week training program for parents/gradparents/carers who have a spare 2 hours per week to support a family with children 0 - 5 years.
If interested or would like more information either phone Philippa on 0422 292 318 or email Philippa.Talbot@newcastle.edu.au.
The training will be run in the Callaghan area from 9.30am - 3.30pm each Wednesay.
Becoming a volunteer
Would you like to volunteer for a better society? Join the Family Action Centre Team and together we can build a great community. The strength of volunteering is the freedom to choose.
At The Family Action Centre you can become a volunteer who:
- Supports young children and families through the Home-Start Program. Home-Start prepares volunteers, who are parents themselves, through a training program over 8 - 10 weeks, (one day per week) to visit families with young children (0-5 years).
- Our SNUG program supports rural/remote families with a disabled child through residential camps; download a copy of the SNUG volunteer description here.
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer:
- meet new people and form new social networks
- learn about community resources
- learn new skills
- gain self-esteem and confidence
- enhance the community you live in
- receive training to become a bequest officer
The Family Action Centre
p 02 4921 6858 f 02 4921 7711 e email@example.com