The Hunter Outreach Project
(Incorporating the Caravan Project) is one of the community programs offered by The Family Action Centre.
Hunter Outreach Project is a unique mobile service offering a range of support services to families in the lower Hunter area. All activities within this project are offered free to families who are requiring extra support.
This outreach service works with local communities to build upon existing strengths by fostering positive relationships within families and bringing communities together.
This project is funded by Family and Community Services Early Intervention & Placement (EIPP) Program. Due to the flexibility of our funding, our services are offered to any family who is requesting extra support that has at least one child under 18years.
The services and activities currently offered by the is project include:
- Experienced Family Workers can visit families in their home or at a place of their choosing providing information, case planning, support, encouragement and referral as needed to assist families to reach their desired goals. This service is also open to young parents.
- Youth support for young people aged 12-25 providing assistance and support in seeking employment, accommodation, education and addressing other support needs. Young people can self refer or referred through agencies they are currently involved in.
Parenting Programs are delivered every school term, they provide parents an opportunity to meet others, build on skills and make parenting more enjoyable.
These programs include;
- 1-2-3 Magic Â®and Emotion Coaching
- Group Triple P and Triple P Selected Seminar Series
- Other parenting programs are also developed and delivered to meet specific community needs such as families residing in refuges or in other temporary housing such as boarding houses.
Practical and Skills Development groups each school term a variety of groups are held and topics are delivered in conjunction with the local community. Topis that have been offered include life skills, cooking, learning how to be creative with children, communication strategies, playing with children and understanding literacy.