Communities for Children Raymond Terrace and Karuah recognises that local communities are best placed to understand the local needs in early childhood.
The project team of the Communities for Children n Raymond Terrace and Karuah has established structures and opportunities for local people to voice their opinion. Some of these structures will exist throughout the lifetime of the project (such as the Communities for Children Committee), while others will occur according to the stage and needs of the project.
Communities for Children Committee
This Committee consists of local representatives from all the stakeholder groups, including community leaders, service providers, business leaders, all levels of government, parents, and researchers. Its main purpose is to work in collaboration with the project team to develop, guide and support the implementation of the project. This Committee is a permanent structure and will exist throughout the life time of the project.
The role of the Communities for Children Committee is:
- Establish strong committee governance procedures and policies for the CCC's operation and hold regular meetings throughout the life of the project
- Actively seek the views, needs and wishes of Raymond Terrace and Karuah communities, and incorporate these within the planning and service delivery frameworks
- Develop the Community Strategic Plan for the life of the project outlining the priorities, strategies, decisions, services and activities to be implemented
- Develop an annual Service Delivery Plan detailing the services and activities that will be implemented that year including the costs of delivery for that year
- Monitor progress and review performance against the Plans and revise Community Strategic Plan where appropriate
- Contribute to the consultation process with the wider community and the asset map to determine the existing resources, strengths and services in Raymond Terrace and Karuah
- Contribute to progress reports drafted by the Facilitating Partner
- Draw upon and contribute to the research, evidence or good practice in early childhood and community development including the collection of baseline evaluation data
- Assist the Facilitating Partner in making decisions on the disbursement of funds
- Promote the Communities for Children local initiative in Raymond Terrace and Karuah and beyond
Throughout the life of the local initiative, we welcome feedback and ideas from local people who may or not be involved in any of the formalised structures we have established. We welcome people to pop into our office in 46 William Street, Raymond Terrace or to give us a call. At other times, we will actively seek the opinion of local people through community consultations, interviews and focus groups.