Vision and values
A truly civil society
The Family Action Centre is a national leader in strengthening families and communities.
The Family Action Centre combines community service, research, dissemination and advocacy in order to impact on policy and practice in relation to supporting families and building communities in Australia.
At the Family Action Centre we:
- value ourselves and others
- believe in the power of family and community
- work as a team to achieve our vision and purpose
- celebrate the joy of life.
Patrons and Advisory Board
Our patron is Ms Geraldine Doogue. We receive support and strategic direction from an Advisory Board made up of representatives from academia, community services and our own staff. The full list of Board members is:
- Assoc. Prof. Jenny Cameron
- Prof. Jenny Gore
- Ms Penny Crofts
- Prof. Diana Keatinge
- Prof. Judith Scott (Chairperson)
- Ms Leanne Holt
- Ms Debbie Sullivan
- Ms Ruth Jordon
- Dr Tamara Blakemore