Friends of the FAC
The Family Action Centre is fully self-funded. In order to attract the resources necessary to carry out our work, we are lobby state and federal governments, and philanthropic, corporate and private organisations. Can you help? Yes you can! We are always seeking support for development of programs to support families and build communities at local, state and national levels. Become a Friend of the FAC, become a volunteer, join our Bequest Program or become a Staff Supporter.
Being a Friend
Everyone needs a friend, and we need you!
Since 1986 the Family Action Centre has identified groups of people whose needs are not being met and developed supportive, innovative programs as well as advocate on behalf of marginalised communities. Many Centre programs use volunteers who are trained and supported by professional coordinators. The benefits of being a Friend of the FAC include:
- the knowledge and satisfaction that every day you are supporting a needy family in the community.
- acknowledgment in official documentation
- tax deductibility
- invitations to social events and official occasions
- a copy of our Annual Report.
Your contribution may be used for:
- linking a family to Home-Start
- the training and development of volunteers
- bringing enrichment programs to families living on caravan parks
- researching more-effective ways of meeting family needs
- supporting leading edge research into mens' and boys' wellbeing
- developing resource packages for community action.
For more information on how to become a Friend of the Family Action Centre, please contact:
p 02 4922 6858 f 02 4921 8686 e email@example.com
We’re sorry but we can’t promise you immortality. However…
We have a plan that will link you with the future: the Next Generation.
Join our bequest program!
Your bequest will support the Family Action Centre to:
- Give hope to struggling families
- Grow our boys into fine men
- Assist reduction of crime, youth suicide and drug addition with effective and practical measures
- Help our community recognise and respond to people who feel isolated, powerless and desperate.
- Provide the evidence about what works with families and communities.
Being a Staff Supporter
Staff of the University of Newcastle are invited to become a Staff Supporter of The Family Action Centre. The Centre's programs use a combination of trained volunteers from the community and professional coordinators to assist identified groups of people whose needs are not being met by community services. The knowledge gained through our programs also provides valuable information for research, advocacy dissemination and lobbying, both on a local and a national level. We also undertake research in order to provide the evidence of what works.
From a minimum of $5.00 a fortnight you can become a staff supporter of the Family Action Centre and assist us to continue to carry out all our important work. This donation is fully tax deductible.
Please print and complete the staff supporter deduction form (53 KB PDF) for payroll to deduct a minimum of $5.00 per fortnight from your salary to be donated to the Family Action Centre. This form should be completed and forwarded by fax to the Family Action Centre, The University of Newcastle.