2012 Six Month Fellowships
Suitably eligible academic staff members are invited to apply for one of the following half-year research fellowships.
Two Positions: One for the Newcastle Law School, One for the Newcastle Business School
These Fellowships offer a release from
- teaching, coordination and administration of one full course
- two Course Co-ordinations
Duration 19 July to 31 December. The successful applicants will be attached to the CIOS and are expected to have a visible presence during the tenure of their Fellowship.
The Fellowships are open to continuing Level A, B and C academics only. Applicants must submit a clearly articulated writing agenda specifying anticipated timelines for publishing research outcomes in nominated ERA A*/A journals (or book if applicable). Applicants must also provide a brief history of their publication record to date. No research funding attaches automatically to these positions, but successful applicants can access Conference and other Faculty funding through the normal channels.
Conditions for Half Year Fellowships
- Half-year Fellowships are only open to continuing Levels A, B, & C academics.
- Applicants must be confirmed in their position at the time of application (ie by 30 April 2012).
- Applicants will be expected to provide evidence that they have discussed their application with their Head of Discipline, Head of School and their Research Mentor.
- An offer of a position is subject to the teaching and administrative needs of the Discipline in which an applicant is normally based.
- The Expression of Interest must not exceed four A4 pages (not including publication record).
- Applications must be on the appropriate application template.
- Incomplete, unsigned or late expressions of interest will not be considered.
- Successful Fellowship holders will be expected to participate actively in the various Faculty and CIOS sponsored seminars.
- The Fellowship Panel reserves the right not to make an offer.
- A fellowship holder in 2010 or 2011 will not be eligible for consideration in subsequent rounds of the Fellowship Scheme (or any successor variation of it) for up to two years.
Applications will be considered by a panel consisting of: Professor Gordon Boyce, Professor Steve Easton, Associate Professor Jim Jose (Chair), Professor Jim Psaros, Professor Ted Wright
For further information please contact the Assistant Dean for Research, Associate Professor Jim Jose. An application template can be obtained from the Faculty Research Website. Please submit applications by email (as a Word.doc attachment) to Assistant Dean for Research, Associate Professor Jim Jose (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The 2012 CIOS Fellowships have been awarded to:
- Dr Jamie Carlson, Newcastle Business School
- Dr Jeff McGee, Newcastle Law School
The following colleague has been awarded CIOS Fellowship for 2011.
- Dr Brendan Boyle (Newcastle Business School) - Semester 2 2011