Call for Papers
The Inaugural Wine Business Research Symposium
"The Business of Wine"
7 & 8 December 2009 - Newcastle, Australia
We are pleased to announce the Inaugural Wine Business Research Symposium. The Symposium is being hosted by the Wine Industry Research Collaborative as part of the Centre for Institutional and Organisational Studies, University of Newcastle. The prime objective of this interdisciplinary colloquium is to bring together practitioners and scholars from the social sciences and humanities interested in wine regions, wineries and other wine-related entities and activities.
The symposium will incorporate a keynote address and will also feature research paper sessions and panel presentations. Panel presentations will focus on issues of research and industry importance, and will be led by discussants. Papers are sought from a wide range of participants. It is expected that papers will address issues such as, but not limited to:
- The impact of environmental considerations on business strategy
- Knowledge flow in wine regions
- Wine clusters and networks,
- Links between entertainment, tourism and wine activities,
- Contextual and historical influences on wine activities,
- Sustainability in wine regions and activities,
- The role of public policy and other regulatory institutions.
Selected best papers will be reviewed for possible publication in the International Journal of Wine Business Research and an edited book on Wine Business Research.