Professor Susan Gourvenec
- 1998 PhD, University of Southampton, UK, Geotechnical Research Group
- 1983 BEng Civil Engineering (1st class Honours) Queen Mary and Westfield College, University of London, UK.
- 2010 Teaching Excellence – Postgraduate Research Supervision, UWA Award.
- 2008 ASCE International Journal of Geomechanics, Excellent Paper Award.
- 2008 ARC Discovery Project
Shallow foundation solutions for offshore oil and gas facilities. $480,000. International Science Linkages Competitive Grants Scheme; 2nd International Symposium on Frontiers in Offshore Geotechnics (ISFOG).
- 2005 Int.l Society of Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, Young Member Award.
- 2004 Australia and New Zealand Joint Societies Award.
- 2003 Australian Representative to International Young Geotechnical Professionals Conference.
- 1997 British Geotechnical Society Cooling Prize Finalist.
- 1997 UK representative to European Young Geotechnical Professionals Conference.
- 1994 Thomas Hawkesley Prize (London University).
- 1994 Institution of Civil Engineers Annual Award.
- 1993 Drapers’ Company Prize (London University).
- 2001 Professor, Centre for Offshore Foundation Systems, University of Western Australia, Perth (previously Lecturer, Senior Lecturer and Associate Professor), 11 yrs
- 2008 Principal Engineer, Advanced Geomechanics (part-time), 4 yrs
- 2000 Research Associate, Geotechnical Group, University of Cambridge, UK, 3 yrs
- Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers: Geotechnical Engineering
- Soil mechanics and geotechnical engineering
- Offshore foundation systems
- Geotechnical centrifuge modelling
- Numerical modelling