Dr. Jubert Andrés Pineda
1. Alonso EE, Pineda JA and Cardoso R (2010) Degradation of marls: Two cases studies from the Iberia Peninsula. Weathering as predisposing factor to slope movements. Geological Society of London, Engineering Geology Special Publication, 23, 47-75. (PDF 2.1 MB)
1. Pineda JA, Tarrago D, Tauler E, Romero E and Alonso EE (submitted) Microstructural evaluation of hydraulically-induced degradation of Lilla claystone. Applied Clay Science.
2. Arroyo M, Pineda JA, Nash DFT and Amaral M (submitted) Bender elements tests in reference polymers. ASTM Geotechnical Testing Journal.
3. Pineda JA, Romero E, Alonso EE and Perez T (submitted) A new high pressure triaxial cell for inducing and tracking hydro-mechanical degradation of clayey rocks. ASTM Geotechnical Testing Journal.
4. Arroyo M, Pineda JA and Romero E (2010) Shear wave measurements using bender elements in argillaceous rocks. ASTM Geotechnical Testing Journal 33(6), 1-11. (PDF 756 KB)
5. Alonso E, Pinyol NM, Pineda J (2013) Foundation of a Gravity Dam on Layered Soft Rock: Shear Strength of Bedding Planes in Laboratory and Large "In Situ" Tests. Geotechnical and Geological Engineering. 1-12 (In press).
1. Pineda JA and Colmenares JE (2005) Influence of matrix suction on the shear strength of a compacted Kaolin under unconfined conditions: Shear strength prediction (Part 2). Proc. Int. Symposium Advanced Experimental Unsaturated Soil Mechanics EXPERUS2005, Tarantino, Romero & Cui Editors, Balkema. pp 221-226.
2. Pineda JA and Colmenares JE (2005) Influence of matrix suction on the shear strength of a compacted Kaolinite under unconfined conditions: Experimental results (Part 1). Proc. Int. Symposium Advanced Experimental Unsaturated Soil Mechanics EXPERUS2005, Tarantino, Romero & Cui Editors, Balkema. pp 215-220.
3. Pineda JA and Colmenares JE (2006) Stress-strain-suction behaviour of two clayey materials under unconfined conditions. Proc. UNSAT 2006 Phoenix, Arizona, ASCE Geotechnical Special publication No 147, pp 1109-1120.
4. Alonso EE and Pineda JA (2006) Weathering and degradation of clay shales: experimental observations and models of degradation. VIth South American Conference on Rock Mechanics, Cartagena de Indias-Colombia. Colmenares & Montero Eds., pp. 249-296. (PDF 381 KB)
5. Pineda JA, Alonso EE & Romero EE (2006) Influence of the Pamplona marls degradation on the stability of Monreal Dam (Spain). VIth South American Conference on Rock Mechanics, Cartagena de Indias-Colombia. Colmenares & Montero Eds., pp. 8-18. (PDF 381 KB)
6. Vaunat J, Merchan VE, Romero E and Pineda JA (2007) Residual strength of clays at high suctions. Theoretical and numerical unsaturated soil mechanics. Tom Shanz editor, Springer, pp. 151-163. (PDF 2 MB)
7. Alonso EE and Pineda JA (2007) Degradation of argillaceous rocks: A challenge for unsaturated geomechanics. Proc. 3rd Asian Conf. on Unsaturated Soils, Nanjing, China. Z.Z. Yin, J.P. Yuan & A.C.F. Chiu Eds.,Beijing: Science Press, pp. 3-27.
8. Lima A, Romero EE, Pineda JA and Gens A (2008) Low-strain shear modulus dependence on water content of a natural stiff clay. Proc. COBRAMSEG2008. August 23-26, Búzios- Brasil.
9. Pineda JA, Lima A and Romero EE (2008) Influence of hydraulic paths on the low-strain shear modulus of a stiff clay. First European Conference on Unsaturated Soils: Advances in Geo-Engineering. Toll, Augarde, Gallipoli & Wheeler Eds., pp. 519-522.
10. Pineda JA, Romero EE and Colmenares JE (2008) Suction effects on the pre-failure behaviour of a compacted clayey soil. First European Conference on Unsaturated Soils: Advances in Geo-Engineering. Toll, Augarde, Gallipoli & Wheeler Eds., pp. 511-517. (PDF 263 KB)
11. Pineda JA, Arroyo M, Romero E and Alonso EE (2008) Dynamic tracking of hydraulically induced claystone degradation. Proc. 4th Int. Symp. Deformation Characteristics of Geomaterials. Burns, Mayne & Santamarina Eds., pp. 809-816.
12. Mitaritonna G, Pineda JA, Arroyo M and Romero E (2009) The effect of drying-wetting cycles on the anisotropic seismic properties of a claystone. Fourth Biot Conference on Poromechanics, Ling, Smyth & Betti Eds., pp. 286-293.
13. Pineda JA, De Gracia M and Romero E (2010) Degradation of partially saturated argillaceous rocks: influence of the stability of geotechnical structures. In Proc. 4th Asia-Pacific Conference of Unsaturated soils, Buzzi, Fityus & Sheng Eds, Taylor and Francis, London, pp. 449-454.
14. Pineda JA, Mitaritonna G, Romero E and Arroyo M (2010) Effects of hydraulic cycling on the stiffness response of a rigid anisotropic clay. In Proc. Fifth International Unsaturated Conference of Unsaturated Soils, E. Alonso & A. Gens (Eds), CRC Press/Balkema, The Netherlands, 1465-1470.(PDF 339 KB)
15. Lima A, Pineda JA and Romero E (2010) Thermal pulse effects on the stiffness degradation of unsaturated clayey materials. In Proc. Fifth International Unsaturated Conference of Unsaturated Soils, E Alonso and A Gens (Eds), CRC Press/Balkema, The Netherlands, 567-572.
16. Pineda JA, Romero E, Gomez S and Alonso EE (2010) Degradation effects at microstructural scale and their consequences on macroscopic behaviour of a slightly weathered siltstone. In Proc. International Symposium on Geomechanics and Geotechnics: from micro to macro. Jiang M, Liu F and Bolton M (Eds), CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, London, 73-78.(PDF 2.7 MB)
17. Pineda JA, Romero E and Alonso EE (2011) Tracking degradation of argillaceous rocks using bender elements. In Proc. 5th International Symposium on Deformation Characteristics of Geomaterials, Chung, Kim, Lee, Jung& Kim (Eds), 240-245. (PDF 386 KB)
18. Alonso EE, Pinyol NM and Pineda JA (2011) Foundation of a gravity dam on layered soft rock. Shear strength of bedding planes in laboratory and large âin-situâ tests. In Proc. XVth European Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, Athens, Anagnostopoulos et al (eds), IOS Press, 389-394.
19. Morales L, Romero E, Pineda JA, Garzon E and Gimenez A (2012) Ageing effects on the stiffness behaviour of a microbiologically treated and compacted soil. 2nd European Conference of Unsaturated Soils, E-UNSAT2012, Napoli, Italy, (accepted for publication).
20. Pineda JA, Arroyo M, Sau N and Perez N (2012) Testing block samples from silty deposits. 4th International Conference on Geotechnical and Geophysical Site Characterization, ISC4, Pernambuco, Brazil, (accepted for publication).
21. Pineda JA and Romero E (2013) Effects of hydraulic cycling on the hydro-mechanical behaviour of a clayey rocks from North-East Spain. 1st Pan-American Conference on Unsaturated Soils, Cartagena de Indias, Colombia, (submitted).
Copyright of the papers rests with a variety of different parties. They are made available solely on the same basis that the researcher would supply a single copy of a paper to an individual. It is up to you to ensure that your use of a paper does not infringe copyright law.