|Julio Braslavsk||QUT Node Programme Leader|
|Tristan Perez||UoN Prgramme Leader|
The partnerships between researchers and industry enable reciprocal transfer of knowledge and new ideas of great potential impact on the community and economy. This programme encompasses four research projects motivated by and in collaboration with industrial partners. The main underlying theme of these projects is the application of advanced control and optimisation techniques to maximise asset utilisation and production in selected industrial processes of significant complexity.
The complexity of the dynamics of such processes arise from factors including model errors, unknown disturbances, nonlinearities, distributed parameter systems, elements of Human-Machine Interaction and hybrid (Discrete and Continuous State) components. Expected outcomes of the programme include high quality research solutions and human resources tailored to the needs of the Australian industry.
- Integrated Mine Planning (BHP Billiton)
- Optimisation Based Operator Guidance Schemes (BHP Billiton Innovation)
- Next Generation Model Based Control Tools (Matrikon)
- Performance Optimisation of Marine Systems (Halcyon International, Hamilton Jet, Robotiker-Tecnalia)
- Evaporator Control (CSR)
- Connell Wagner
- Halcyon International
- Hamilton Jet
- Industrial Automation Services (IAS)