Developmental & Reproductive Biology
Prof Eileen McLaughlin, Dr Brett Nixon and Dr Shaun Roman
The Developmental & Reproductive Biology group has a research focus on the spermatogenesis and folliculogenesis, in particular, stem cell maintenance, cell differentiation, meiosis and cell:cell interaction.
Research topics include:
- Effects of Xenobiotics on male and female fertility (EM, BN & SR),
- Exploitation of novel cell surface markers for sterilising agents (SD EM),
- Investigation of DNA repair proteins - roles in meiosis and cancer (BN EM),
- Molecular characterisation of RNA binding proteins in male and female germ cell development (EM),
- Mechanism of sperm egg recognition for contraceptive development- (BN),
- Chromatin remodelling - diagnostics for infertility (SD).