High Performance Computing (HPC)
ARCS is heavily involved in many aspects of High Performance Computing. We advise on the use of HPC in research and we maintain a level of expertise in a number of software packages used in the HPC environment. This includes specialised software for analysis, modelling and visualisation.
ARCS currently provide general access to Linux and Microsoft clusters. We provide services such as advice, installation and maintenance of HPC Clusters (HPCC's) owned by specific research groups. Lastly we provide information on accessing HPC facilities at other organisations (see below).
General access clusters
Access upon request clusters
HPC facilities outside the University of Newcastle
- Australian Centre for Advanced Computing and Communications (ac3)
- Australian Research Collaboration Service (ARCS)
- NCI National Facility (formerly APAC)
- Sungrid Compute Utility
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the usage stats for the grids?
Please see the grid usage graphs.
- How do I cite the University of Newcastle HPC Facility
in my publications?
"The University of Newcastle High Performance Computing Facility"