Grant Establishment Form
The Research Grant Establishment Form
is to be used for the establishment of all research funding via Research
This form enables the Grants Team to get a clear picture of the source, value and purpose, of the funding. It also collects information, to enable the University to meet government reporting obligations and to help ensure the ethical and safe conduct of research.
In 2008, the Government changed the codes for reporting on research. Please ensure that you use the revised SEO codes and FoR codes (replaces RFCD). Please ensure you answer every question prior to submitting both forms.
Submitting the Form
The completed Research Grant Establishment form can be emailed without signatures to firstname.lastname@example.org OR as a signed hard copy to Research Services, The Chancellery.
Once the form has been received,
the grant establishment process can begin. Please be aware that access to the
research funds will not be provided until all ethics and safety clearances have
Please contact the Grant Teams on (02) 492 17733 if you require any further clarification or have any questions.
- Research Grant Establishment Form (DOC 62 KB) - Please open this file in Microsoft Word with macros turned on.
- Research Grant Establishment Form (DOC 92 KB) - This version is to be used if you are having difficulties with the form above.
Please note: To activate hyperlinks within the Grant Establishment Form above, you must enable Macros in Microsoft Word.
Instructions to enable Macros:
- On the Tools menu, click 'Options'.
- Click the 'Security' tab.
- Under 'Macro Security', click 'Macro Security'.
- Click the 'Security Level' tab, and then set the security level to Medium.
- Close Microsoft Word.
- Upon re-opening Word, you will be asked to enable macros