2017 Peer Review Cycles
Research office contact:
NHMRC Partnerships for Better Health – Partnership Projects (Partnership Projects) will help create partnerships among decision makers, policy makers, managers, clinicians and researchers. This funding scheme provides funding and support to create new opportunities for researchers and policy makers to work together to define research questions, undertake research, interpret the findings and implement the findings into policy and practice.
Partnership Projects will answer a specific research question to influence health and well-being through changes in the delivery, organisation, funding and access to health services.For further information please refer to the Partnership Projects section of the NHMRC website.
Continuous Application Process
This scheme allows applicants to apply at any time during the year rather than through just one annual round. This is to allow researchers and partner organisations to develop timely collaborations. The grant commencement date is not fixed for 1 January – it will be aligned with the timing of each peer review cycle. This allows funding to be administered more quickly after grants are awarded provided all necessary documentation is in place.
|Round||2017 Peer Review Cycle (PRC) #1||2017 Peer Review Cycle (PRC) #2|
|Applications open in RGMS||Wednesday 18 January 2017||Thursday 30 March 2017|
|UON Online Booking System Open||Thursday 19 January 2017||Friday 31 March 2017|
|Eligibility and Compliance Check Period||Thursday 23 March - Wednesday 29 March 2017||17 - 23 November 2016|
|Administering Institution Waiver||TBA||TBA|
|Minimum Data Requirement||5:00pm Wednesday 29 March 2017||5:00pm Wednesday 2 August 2017|
|UON Deadline for Final Application||5:00pm Wednesday 5 April 2017||5:00pm Wednesday 9 August 2017|
|NHMRC Submission||5:00pm Wednesday 12 April 2017||5:00pm Wednesday 16 August 2017|
- UON Deadline for Final Application requires provision of final, submission-ready proposals and all associated documentation.
- Schools and Faculties may have their own internal dates for the purpose of peer review/Head of School and Assistant Dean (Research) approval etc. Please contact your School Executive Officer and Faculty Research & Research Training Officer or Faculty Research Development Manager for further information on School/Faculty internal processes.
- External Application Coversheet (includes ARC/NHMRC) (DOC)
- Request for Extension to UON Deadline for Final Application (DOC)
- CI and AI Certification Form (DOC)
Changes to Partnership Projects for 2017
Applicants should note the following changes to the Partnership Projects scheme-specific Funding Rules for 2017:
- To be updated
The CIA must certify the application in RGMS via the Certification tab. This will result in the status changing to 'Submitted to RAO' - which equates to 'Research Administration Office' NOT the NHMRC. This process locks the application to allow an eligibility and compliance review.
CI and AI certifications are due by the round specific UON Deadline for Final Application along with final, submission-ready proposals and all associated documentation. Please note, the application cannot be submitted to the NHMRC until our Office has received email certifications from all named CI and AIs, as well as the fully signed Coversheet.
Minimum Data Requirement
To be eligible to apply, the following sections of the application form must be completed in RGMS by the dates identified above:
- A-PA Part A General: Specifically the Administering Institution, Application Title, Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander Research and Synopsis;
- A-RC Research Classification; and
- A-RT Research Team and Commitment
Failure to complete minimum data by the required date will deem the application ineligible.
Prior to submission of an application, applicants are to ensure that they have read all relevant reference material provided on the Partnership Projects section of the NHMRC website including:
- Funding Rules 2017
- Advice and Instructions to Applicants 2017
- Peer Review Guidelines 2017
- Grant Proposal template 2017
- Guide to Partner Letter of Support
- Partner Contribution Guidelines (Attachment A in the Partnership Funding Rules)
- Category Descriptors (Attachment B in the Partnership Funding Rules)
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Additional Assessment Requirements (Attachment C in the Partnership Funding Rules)
- Direct Research Costs Guidelines
- Funding Policy
- RGMS Offline Forms
- Information automatically drawn from RGMS CV/Profile into your application
- Administering Institution Waiver
The RGMS Training Program contains the RGMS User Guide, My Profile and CV Requirements, video tutorials and RGMS Off-line forms (including CV).
*Please note: RGMS automatically allocates an application number on commencement of the application in RGMS. You are no longer required to obtain an application ID from the Research Office.
Access to Successful Applications
Research Services can provide researchers with access to view successful applications where the lead Chief Investigator has provided consent.
Applications must be viewed in hard copy in the Research Services office (Block C-NIER) or by special arrangement at HMRI.
How to Arrange to View a Successful Application
Contact email@example.com to request access to view successful applications for a specific scheme. Please include preferred date(s), time(s) and location.
Confirmation of the date, time and venue will be provided to you by Research Services staff.