Centres of Research Excellence (CRE)
For Funding Commencing in 2017
Research Office Contact:
|This scheme is currently open|
The Centres of Research Excellence (CRE) Scheme provides support for teams of researchers to pursue collaborative research and develop capacity in clinical, population health and health services research. Funding will support three streams:
- CRE in Clinical Research;
- CRE in Health Services Research; and
- CRE in Population Health Research.
There are two funding priority areas added for this round:
- Electromagnetic Energy – available under ALL streams
- Primary Health Care – available under the Health Services Research stream ONLY
For further information please see the NHMRC web page
Please subscribe to the NHMRC mailing list to receive up to date information on NHMRC funding opportunities.
Dates for the upcoming round of the NHMRC CRE Program are available on the 2017 NHMRC Funding Calendar and are as follows:
Applications open in RGMS
19 October 2016
Minimum data requirements in RGMS
5:00pm Wed 16 November 2015
|UON Eligibility and Compliance Check Period||Thu 10 November – Wed 16 November 2016|
UON Deadline for Final Application
5:00pm Wed 23 November 2016
5:00pm Wed 30 Novermber 2016
- UON Deadline for Final Application requires provision of final, submission-ready proposals and all associated documentation. Schools and Faculties may have their own internal dates for the purpose of peer review/Head of School and Assistant Dean (Research) approval etc. Please contact your School Executive Officer and Faculty Research & Research Training Officer or Faculty Research Development Manager for further information on School/Faculty internal processes.
Please review our ARC/NHMRC Grant Rounds Submission Procedures (PDF) for essential information regarding application submission under this scheme.
- External Grant Application Coversheet (includes ARC/NHMRC) (DOC)
- Request for Extension to UON Deadline for Final Application (DOC)
- CI and AI Certification Form
Prior to submission of an application, applicants are to ensure they have read all relevant reference material found on the Centre of Excellence webpage on the NHMRC Website.
The CIA must certify the application in RGMS via the Certification tab. This will result in the status changing to 'Submitted to RAO' - which equates to 'Research Administration Office' NOT the NHMRC. This process locks the application to allow an eligibility and compliance check.
CI and AI certifications are due by the round specific UON Deadline for Final Application along with final, submission-ready proposals and all associated documentation. Please note, the application cannot be submitted to the NHMRC until our Office has received email certifications from all named CI and AIs, as well as the fully signed Coversheet.
Minimum Data Requirement
Minimum data for CREs consists of the following:
- A-PA Application Properties (specifically the Administering Institution, Application Title, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Research and Synopsis)
- A-RC Research Classification
- A-RT Research Team and Commitment including the names of team members if known (note: team members may be added or deleted after the minimum data deadline until the close of applications at 5pm on 30 November 2016)
Failure to complete minimum data by the required date will deem the application ineligible.
The RGMS Training Program contains the RGMS User Guide, My Profile and CV Requirements, video tutorials and RGMS Off-line forms (including CV).
*Please note: RGMS automatically allocates an application number on commencement of the application in RGMS. You are no longer required to obtain an application ID from the Research Office.
Access to Successful Applications
Research Services can provide researchers with access to view successful applications where the lead Chief Investigator has provided consent. Applications must be viewed in hard copy in the Research Services office (Block C-NIER) or by arrangement at HMRI.
Contact email@example.com to request access to view successful applications for a specific scheme. Please include preferred date(s), time(s) and location.
Confirmation of the date, time and venue will be provided to you by Research Services staff.
For further information on the NHMRC CRE Grants please email firstname.lastname@example.org.