- About us
- Funding opportunities
- Awards for Research Excellence
- Career Enhancement Fellowships for Academic Women
- Conference Travel Grants
- DVCR Initiative to support external ARC/NHMRC Fellowship applicants
- Early Career Researcher Grants
- Equity Research Fellowships
- Linkage Pilot Research Grants
- New Staff Grants
- Near Miss Grants
- Research Advisory Group (RAG)
- 2013 DVCR International Visitor Scheme
- ARC Grants
- NHMRC Grants
- Australian Competitive Grants Register (ACGR)
- Forms and codes
- Contact us
- Email Lists
- Research Awards
Near Miss Grants
In 2005 the Research Committee introduced the Near Miss Grant Scheme for highly ranked, unsuccessful ARC Discovery Projects, ARC Indigenous Researcher Development and NHMRC Project applicants.
The Near Miss Grant Scheme funding is to act as a general incentive for researchers as well as assisting the research team to further develop their research with the aim of submitting another external grant application.
No application form is required for the Near Miss Grant scheme. Recipients are advised after the ARC and NHMRC outcomes are announced.
Near Miss Grants for 2013 have been awarded
The battle to save accident victims in Intensive Care often extends beyond ...
World-renowned University of Newcastle researcher, Professor John Forbes AM...
Getting less than six hours sleep each night (compared to seven hours) may ...
Celebrating its 10th anniversary this year, the 2013 Business Plan Challeng...
Butter gets points for taste; margarine for being easy to spread. But the h...