- About us
- Funding opportunities
- Awards for research excellence
- Career Enhancement Fellowships for Academic Women
- Conference Travel Grants
- DVC (Research and Innovation) Initiative to support external ARC/NHMRC Fellowship applicants
- Early Career Researcher Grants
- Equity Research Fellowships
- Linkage Pilot Research Grants
- New Staff Grants
- Near Miss Grants
- Research Strategy Group (RSG)
- 2014 and 2015 International Research Visiting Fellowship Scheme
- ARC Grants
- NHMRC Grants
- Australian Competitive Grants Register (ACGR)
- Cooperative Research Centres (CRC)
- Forms and codes
- Email Lists
- Contact us
Near Miss Grants
In 2005 the Research Committee introduced the Near Miss Grant Scheme for highly ranked, unsuccessful ARC Discovery Projects, ARC Indigenous Researcher Development and NHMRC Project applicants.
The Near Miss Grant Scheme funding is to act as a general incentive for researchers as well as assisting the research team to further develop their research with the aim of submitting another external grant application.
No application form is required for the Near Miss Grant scheme. Recipients are advised after the ARC and NHMRC outcomes are announced.
Near Miss Grants for 2013 have been awarded
UON’s rankings success in the QS World University Rankings 2014
Personalised medicine breaks the mould of traditional treatment
A group mission that includes an Australian-first cross-collaborative con...
A University of Newcastle research team is aiming to determine the influenc...
Marguerite Johnson, from the School of Humanities and Social Science, talks...
Semester 2, 2014The Sociology and Anthropology Seminar Series, hosted by th...
You are invited to a free public lecture by Professor Peter Hempenstall:&nb...
The University of Newcastle is proud to present its new professors through ...
The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Research and Innovation Cluste...
Submit an abstract for a Special issue of Gender and History Volume 28...