Linkage Pilot Research Grants
The University Linkage Pilot Research Grant scheme aims to assist researchers in developing new research collaboration between University researchers and a Partner Organisation to the point of submitting an application for an Australian Research Council (ARC) Linkage Projects Grant or the National Health & Medical Research Council (NHMRC) Partnership Grant.
The funding awarded will be at a sufficient level to further develop the collaboration and will be in the range of $3,000 to $10,000. Consideration will also be given to supporting further development of a previously unsuccessful application.
The University Linkage Pilot Research Grant scheme may cover many requests for the support of research, including:
- travel expenses to attend meetings with the Partner Organisation,
- research expenses of visiting Partner Organisations,
- attendance at Industry Conferences where the researcher is taking an active involvement in the Conference and
- support for the development of an ARC or NHMRC application.
The selection criteria and weightings are equally on:
- Performance evidence of the researcher(s) capacity to undertake and manage the proposed research collaboration to the point of submitting the application
- The potential for a new collaboration between a Partner Organisation and the University resulting in the submission of an ARC Linkage Projects/NHMRC Partnership application
- Evidence that the Partner Organisation has the capacity to contribute to the project
- The potential for success in obtaining an ARC Linkage or NHMRC Partnership project
- Value for money.
To be eligible as a Partner Organisation, the partner must meet the eligibility requirements set out in the current ARC and NHMRC Funding Rules. In general the Partner Organisation and their controlled entities should be outside the Higher Education Sector and should not be a government organisation funded to undertake research (for example, CSIRO).
Closed - Scheme under review
How to Apply
- One electronic copy (RTF or PDF format) of the Application Form (below) must be submitted by emailing the form to email@example.com. The subject line of the email must include the words 'Linkage Pilot Research Grant Application' and the name of the lead Chief Investigator.
- Additionally, one signed paper copy (which may be double-sided) of the application must be submitted to the Grants Team, located in Research Services, The Chancellery.
- Please Note: Prior to submission to the Grants Team, the application must be signed by your Head of School, Assistant Dean (Research) and PVC or delegate. Please submit your application to your Faculty Research contact who will organise the latter two signatures.