Early Career Researcher Grants
The Early Career Researcher Grant Scheme aims to provide an opportunity for new researchers to gain experience in
- grant application,
- research methodology,
- project implementation,
- report procedures and
- establishing a research grant record.
Early Career Research grant applications are reviewed by the Research Advisory Group (RAG) at their monthly meetings.
Applications for Early Career Researcher Grants are open year round.
Applications are accepted and reviewed by the Research Advisory Group on a monthly basis. Please review the RAG meeting schedule for application closing dates.
How to Apply
Specific details about eligibility, funding and information on requirements for completion of the application form, are contained in the guidelines document below and should be read carefully, prior to completing the application.
- Applications should be lodged by Electronic Submission (single PDF document only - preferably signed and scanned). An unsigned copy can be sent but must be identical to the complete original application package in all other aspects.
- Additionally, one original, signed copy must be sent to the Grants Office located in Research Services, The Chancellery.
Please note: Prior to submission to the Grants Team, the application must be signed by your Head of School, Assistant Dean (of Research) and the PVC or delegate. Please submit your application to your Faculty contact who will organise the latter two signatures.
- Guidelines document (PDF 87 KB)
- Guidelines document (DOC 203 KB)
- Application form (PDF 92 KB)
- Application form (DOC 168 KB)
- Report form (DOC 41 KB)
For further information regarding these fellowships, please contact Rebecca Palmer via email or phone (02) 498 54904.