For Funding Commencing in 2016
Research Office Contact:
|Linkage Projects 2016 are now closed|
The Linkage Projects scheme provides funding to Eligible Organisations to support research and development (R&D) projects which are collaborative between higher education researchers and other parts of the national innovation system, which are undertaken to acquire new knowledge, and which involve risk or innovation.
Proposals for funding under the Linkage Projects scheme must include at least one Partner Organisation. The Partner Organisation must make a contribution in cash and/or in kind to the project. The combined Partner Organisation contributions for a Proposal (i.e. the total of the cash and in-kind contributions of the Partner Organisations) must at least match the total funding requested from the ARC.
For further information, please visit the Linkage Projects page on the ARC website.
|Scheme Opens||16 September 2015|
|Request Not to Access||5:00pm (AEDT) 26 October (Research Office due date via email to firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|Internal Closing Date||5:00pm (AEDT) 27 October 2015 (submit to Research Office via RMS)|
|ARC Deadline||11 November 2015|
Please subscribe to the ARC mailing list to receive up to date information on ARC funding opportunities.
- Funding Rules
- Instructions to Applicants and Frequently Asked Questions
- Sample Application Forms
- Definition of Medical and Dental Research
- Classification Codes: FOR, RFCD, SEO and ANZSIC
- Request Not to Assess
- ARC LP16 Quick Guide (PDF)
- UON Written Evidence Form (Certification Proforma) (DOC)
- Partner Organisation Letter of Support Template (DOC)
- External Grant Application Coversheet (includes ARC/NHMRC) (DOC)
- ARC/NHMRC Application Submission Procedure (PDF)
- Quick Guide - External Application Coversheet process (PDF)
- Request for extension to Internal Closing Date (DOC)
- Setting up an RMS account and Partner Organisation (PDF)
AusIndustry R&D Tax Incentive
Under the R&D Tax Incentive, businesses can offset the cost of eligible R&D that is undertaken by them or through partners such as universities. This could be through eligible expenses in an ARC Linkage Projects grant, contract research, or a Cooperative Research Centre (CRC).
The R&D Tax Incentive provides a tax offset for eligible companies which reduce the cost and risk to businesses of undertaking R&D, increasing the incentive to invest in research and innovation. The University of Newcastle and Newcastle Innovation are both registered Research Service Providers (RSPs) for this scheme.
Further information on this scheme for researchers and industry can be found at AusIndustry R&D Tax Incentive.
For further information regarding R&D Tax Incentives, please contact email@example.com or phone on (02) 4921 7733.
Important notes regarding lodgement of ARC applications
- In RMS, save each Part of the Proposal one final time
- Ensure all components of the Proposal are complete and valid
- Eligibility and Compliance Review: email the Research Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) when application is ready to review
- Internal Closing Date: to submit to the Research Office click on 'Submit Proposal to Research Office' located at the bottom of the Proposal Summary Page
- Submit the Written Evidence to the Research Office as detailed above in the Documents section.
RMS allows researchers requesting funding under the ARC National Competitive Grants Program to prepare and submit proposals electronically via the internet.
Each proposal is completed by researchers and consists of an electronic document generated from a combination of data entered directly into the proposal form, and PDF documents attached to the proposal form in RMS 2.0.
Note: The Admin Organisation will be The University of Newcastle
All new applications as well as final reports will need to be submitted to RMS.
RMS minimum system requirements
RMS 2.0 is compatible with the latest versions of Google Chrome and Microsoft Internet Explorer. Compatibility with different browsers or older versions of Google Chrome and Microsoft Internet Explorer is not guaranteed.
If you have a current ARC grant with outstanding reports, this could affect your eligibility for this scheme. Please see the University of Newcastle ARC Reporting page.
- For further information, also see the Funded Research/Final Report
Tools for Completing Your Application
Confidentiality and IP
Please note: In past rounds, the ARC warranted confidentiality. The Funding Rules now state "the ARC gives no undertaking to keep confidential any information provided in the Proposal except where required by law."
Due to this change we recommend that if submitting a research project with potential IP which could be patented/exploited or involves an Industry Partner which requires confidentiality, applicants should insert the following sentence at the start of the Project Description within their application:
"The following project is disclosed to the ARC in confidence for the purpose only of applying for ARC Funding."
Useful Information for preparing your applications
- ARC Salary Costs for Professional Staff 2016 (XLS)
- ARC Salary Costs for Academic Staff 2016 (XLS)
- Preparing Research Budgets
- Request for extension to internal closing date (DOC)