Linkage Infrastructure Equipment and Facilities Scheme (LIEF)
For Funding Commencing in 2014
Please note: Applications for the ARC LIEF scheme for funding commencing in 2015 is expected to open mid-February 2014 and close on 16 April 2014. Please check back to this page or subscribe to the Research Office ARC mailing list for up to date information.
The ARC LIEF scheme provides funding for large-scale cooperative initiatives to enable the purchase of expensive infrastructure, equipment and facilities costing at least $150,000.
For more information, please visit the LIEF page on the ARC website.
The LIEF scheme for funding commencing in 2014 is now closed.
Past dates are listed below for your information. Please subscribe to the ARC mailing list to receive up to date information on ARC funding opportunities.
|Notification of Intention to Apply due to Research Office||Monday 28 January 2013|
|ARC opens||Wednesday 27 February 2013|
|Draft applications due to Research Office||Wednesday 10 April 2013|
|Written Evidence Form due to Research Office||Wednesday 17 April 2013|
|Final applications due to Research Office||Wednesday 17 April 2013|
|ARC closes||Wednesday 24 April 2013|
- UoN Notification of Intention to Apply form (DOC 86 KB)
- Certification (Written Evidence) Forms - to be signed by each CI/PI and collaborating/partner organisation
For further information regarding the ARC Discovery Projects, please contact Neroli Finlay via email or phone on (02) 4921 5353.
Important notes regarding lodgement of ARC applications
- Save each Part of the Proposal once more
- Ensure all components of the Proposal are complete and valid
- Draft application: email the relevant Research Office contact (see above) when application is ready to review
- Final application: to submit to the Research Office click on 'Submit Proposal to Research Office' located at the bottom of the Proposal Summary Page
- Submit the Written Evidence to the Research Office as detailed above in the Documents section.
If you have a current ARC grant with outstanding reports, this could affect your eligibility for this scheme. Please see the University of Newcastle ARC Reporting page.
- For further information, also see the ARC reporting page
As of 2013 the ARC's GAMS system will no longer be available. All new applications as well as final reports will need to be submitted in RMS.
You can also download the UoN help document 'How to set up a RMS Account and create a Partner Organisation' (DOC 38 KB).
Should you require further assistance using RMS please contact Neroli Finlay via email or phone on (02) 492 15353.
Tools for Completing Your Application
Confidentiality and IP
Please note: The ARC used to warrant confidentiality. Now the Funding Rules state "the ARC gives no undertaking to keep confidential any information provided in the Proposal except where required by law."
Due to this change it is now recommended that the researcher submitting a research project with potential IP which could be patented/exploited or involves an Industry Partner which requires confidentiality should insert the following sentence at the start of the Project Description within their application:
"The following project is disclosed to the ARC in confidence for the purpose only of applying for ARC Funding."
Useful Information for preparing your applications
- ARC Salary Costs for general staff 2013 (XLS 49 KB)
- ARC Salary Costs for academic staff 2013 (XLS 47 KB)
- Further ARC Information
- Preparing Research Budgets