Australian Laureate Fellowships
For funding commencing in 2016
Research Office contact:
Please note: The Research Office recommends that you subscribe to the Research Office ARC mailing list to receive up to date information as it is made available to us.
The Australian Laureate Fellowships Scheme reflects the Commonwealth's commitment to supporting excellence in research by attracting world-class researchers and research leaders to key positions, as well as creating new rewards and incentives for the application of their talents in Australia.
Open to applications from outstanding researchers of international repute, the Australian Laureate Fellowships Scheme encourages proposals involving Australian and international researchers by providing eligible Australian Laureate Fellows with Project Funding in addition to a salary supplement and salary-related (on-cost) support.
Up to 17 Australian Laureate Fellowships may be awarded each year, including fellowships allocated to exceptional female researchers who will also undertake an ambassadorial role to promote women in research. Preference will be given to researchers who will play a significant, sustained leadership and mentoring role in building Australia's internationally competitive research capacity.
For further information, please visit the Australian Laureate Fellowship page on the ARC website.
This scheme is currently closed. Visit the ARC Australian Laureate Scheme webpage for further details.
Tuesday 29 September 2015
Request not to Assess to RO
10am Monday 2 November 2015
Request not to Assess to ARC
Tuesday 3 November 2015
Internal Closing Date
Tuesday 3 November 2015
Tuesday 17 November 2015
- Funding Rules
- Instructions to Applicants and Frequently Asked Questions
- Sample Application Forms
- Certification Proforma
- Request not to Assess
- External Grant Application Coversheet (includes ARC/NHMRC) (DOC)
- ARC/NHMRC Application Submission Procedure (PDF)
- Quick Guide - External Application Coversheet process (PDF)
- Request for extension to Internal Closing Date (DOC)
For further information regarding the Australian Laureate Fellowships Scheme, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone on (02) 492 17733.
Important notes regarding lodgement of ARC applications
- In RMS, save each Part of the Proposal one final time
- Ensure all components of the Proposal are complete and valid
- Eligibility and Compliance Review: email the Research Office (email@example.com) when application is ready to review
- Internal Closing Date: to submit to the Research Office click on 'Submit Proposal to Research Office' located at the bottom of the Proposal Summary Page
- Submit the Written Evidence to the Research Office as detailed above in the Documents section.
RMS allows researchers requesting funding under the ARC National Competitive Grants Program to prepare and submit proposals electronically via the internet.
Each proposal is completed by researchers and consists of an electronic document generated from a combination of data entered directly into the proposal form, and PDF documents attached to the proposal form in RMS 2.0.
Note: The Admin Organisation will be The University of Newcastle
All new applications as well as final reports will need to be submitted to RMS.
RMS minimum system requirements
RMS 2.0 is compatible with the latest versions of Google Chrome and Microsoft Internet Explorer. Compatibility with different browsers or older versions of Google Chrome and Microsoft Internet Explorer is not guaranteed.
If you have a current ARC grant with outstanding reports, this could affect your eligibility for this scheme. Please see the University of Newcastle ARC Reporting page.
- For further information, also see the Funded Research/Final Report
Tools for Completing Your Application
Confidentiality and IP
Please note: In past rounds, the ARC warranted confidentiality. The Funding Rules now state "the ARC gives no undertaking to keep confidential any information provided in the Proposal except where required by law."
Due to this change we recommend that if submitting a research project with potential IP which could be patented/exploited or involves an Industry Partner which requires confidentiality, applicants should insert the following sentence at the start of the Project Description within their application:
"The following project is disclosed to the ARC in confidence for the purpose only of applying for ARC Funding."
Useful Information for preparing your applications
- ARC Salary Costs for Professional Staff 2016 (XLS)
- ARC Salary Costs for Academic Staff 2016 (XLS)
- Preparing Research Budgets
- Request for extension to internal closing date (DOC)