A funding source may be linked to an animal ethics project:
- as part of the ACEC application process; or
- independent of the ACEC application process
Link a funding source as part of an application to the ACEC
This process applies to Initial, Annual Progress Report/Renewal and Variation applications to the ACEC.
- For Initial Applications complete the "Funding Details" eForm during the application process.
- For Annual Progress Report/Renewal and Variation Applications, add and complete the "Funding Details" eForm along with the application.
Link a NEW funding source to a project with current approval, independent of the ACEC application process
The following processes should be followed:
- Complete the "Animal ethics approval" section of the Grant Establishment Form for a grant administered by the University of Newcastle Research Services
- Submit to the Grants Team, Research Services, The University of Newcastle.
- Log into RIMS and open the protocol
- Create and complete a variation application and funding details eForm.
Please Note: The animal studies described in the research plan of the funding application must correspond EXACTLY to that described in the approved animal ethics protocol, including experimental groups and animal numbers.
Where there are minor variations between the research plan described in the funding application and the research protocol that was approved by the ACEC, it may be possible to address these by way of a variation application via RIMS.
Major differences between the animal studies described in the funding application and the approved animal ethics protocol will normally prevent linking of the funding source and the approved animal ethics protocol.
Submission of a new Initial Application to the ACEC may be required. This can also be lodged via RIMS.
Researchers are encouraged to discuss variations with the Animal Ethics Officer.