UoN Career Advantage Package
Take Your Place in the World
As a world-class research institution, all academic staff receive the career advantage package when joining the University of Newcastle.
This package gives you a strong start and continued support throughout your career with us, with a range of services, benefits and development opportunities, including reduced teaching and administrative loads during your first five years of appointment.
Our innovative and enriching environment will give you a foundation for significant global research leadership, collaborations and a distinguished career.
Your Research Career Advantage
We provide the right opportunities at the right time to enrich your research:
- Schools and Faculties provide a range of start-up funding and support to help kick-start your research career at Newcastle and bridge the gap when changing institutions.
- They will also help to facilitate mentoring opportunities with leading researchers and link you with our research concentrations.
- Committed to research and looking for opportunities? Our mid-career researcher development sessions are an investment to increase your publications and continue to build your reputation as a researcher. We are also committed to gender equality and offer a variety of tailored programs to support women in research.
- Established as a researcher expert? Think your idea could have real world potential? We support national and international collaborations, and opportunities to engage with industry partners to develop your idea, work across universities, private industry and government to access skills, facilities and partners. Newcastle Innovation (NI) can broker partnerships, assist with developing and managing contracts, negotiate intellectual property, publication and licensing rights.
- Our Special Studies Program (SSP) provides dedicated research time so you can maintain currency in your discipline.
- Our dedicated Research Grants Team provide expert assistance in applying for, establishing and managing research grants to ensure that you can focus on your research.
- You can also access High-Tech Facilities from our Analytical and Biomolecular Research Facility (ABRF) and the Electron Microscope and X-Ray Unit (EMX) to high-performance specialised computing. We offer world-class resources and a range of scientific and technical support services.