UoN Career Advantage Package
Take Your Place in the World
As a world-class research institution, all academic staff receive the career advantage package when joining the University of Newcastle.
This package gives you a strong start and continued support throughout your career with us, with a range of services, benefits and development opportunities, including reduced teaching and administrative loads during your first five years of appointment.
Our innovative and enriching environment will give you a foundation for significant global research leadership, collaborations and a distinguished career.
Your Research Career Advantage
We provide the right opportunities at the right time to enrich your research:
- We provide automatic start-up funding through our New Staff Grant to help kick-start your research career at Newcastle and bridge the gap when changing institutions. If you are in the early stage of your research career, you can learn from the experts and share lunch with leading researchers as part of our Early Career Researcher program (PDF 32 KB).
- We will provide mentoring opportunities with leading researchers and link you with our research concentrations. You will have access to an Early Career Researcher Grant, which will help you to gain experience in applying for and managing a research grant.
- Committed to research and looking for opportunities? Our mid-career researcher development sessions are an investment to increase your publications and continue to build your reputation as a researcher. We are also committed to gender equality and offer a variety of tailored programs to support women in research, such as our Career Enhancement Fellowships for Women.
- Established as a researcher expert? Think your idea could have real world potential? We support national and international collaborations, and opportunities to engage with industry partners to develop your idea, work across universities, private industry and government to access skills, facilities and partners. Newcastle Innovation (NI), our commercialisation arm, can broker partnerships, assist with developing and managing contracts, negotiate intellectual property, publication and licensing rights.
- Our Special Studies Program (SSP) provides dedicated research time so you can maintain currency in your discipline, and our dedicated Grants Team provide expert assistance in applying for, establishing and managing research grants to ensure that you can focus on your research.
- You can also access High-Tech Facilities from our Analytical and Biomolecular Research Facility (ABRF) and the Electron Microscope and X-Ray Unit (EMX) to high-performance specialised computing. We offer world-class resources and a range of scientific and technical support services.