What we do
As Australia embraces the opportunities associated with a knowledge economy, the cohort of graduates who are equipped with the transferable skills and experience to innovate and respond flexibly to the changing marketplace will be critical to Australia’s economic growth.
Three76 helps meet this challenge by aiming to:
- Encourage innovation and commercialisation through deployment of UON-generated knowledge
- Foster a culture of entrepreneurship at the University and across the city
- Produce the next generation of entrepreneurs, business leaders and inventors
- Launch start-ups and attracting investment and other businesses to Newcastle
- Facilitate linkages and collaboration across both the regional and national innovation ecosystem
Customised learning and skills development
We offer a mix of in-house developed UON courses alongside partner-generated programs to provide our students and staff with a range of options in how they access the information and help they need to grow their ideas. Unlike many other university hubs and innovation labs, joining the co-working space does not mean you have to join a particular incubator or accelerator program. This provides flexibility for our members and creates a community with a healthy diversity of start-up and SME activity across the various stages of business development. A snapshot of our programming includes:
- Basic business skills sessions
- Speed mentoring events
- Networking opportunities
- Incubation and acceleration programs
- Lean Startup Workshops
- Drop-in sessions with business advisors from our partners
We co-design our program with our members. If their feedback is they need some help with marketing or are trying to work out the best governance model for their enterprise, we can organise something in-house and informal for them quickly, or target their preferred expert to come and give a talk at the hub. Central to this co-design approach is lots of talking and lots of listening to all hub stakeholders.
Three76 is one piece in the broader Hunter Region innovation ecosystem. We work with other local, national and international organisations to drive an integrated approach to fostering innovation which draws talented people in and harnesses their collective potential.
Connect with Researchers, Staff and Students
Now more than ever, start-ups need talented people to help them grow and make an impact. But attracting the right people can be a challenge in itself. At Three76 Hub we are ready to support start-ups on this journey. We can help start-ups connect with UON Researchers, students, graduates or access commercialisation knowledge through several existing UON programs.