- Global leadership in research
- World-class innovation
- A research career at UoN
- Graduate Research
Institutes and centres
- Hunter Medical Research Institute
- Newcastle Institute for Energy and Resources
- Advanced Particle Processing and Transport
- Asthma and Respiratory Diseases
- Bioinformatics, Biomarker Discovery and Information-Based Medicine
- Chemical Biology
- Complex Dynamic Systems and Control
- Computer Assisted Research Mathematics and its Applications
- Gender, Health and Ageing
- Geotechnical and Materials Modelling
- Health Behaviour
- Organic Electronics
- Physical Activity and Nutrition
- Reproductive Science
- Translational Neuroscience and Mental Health
- Centre of Excellence for Geotechnical Science and Engineering
- Centre of Excellence in Bioinformatics
- Cancer treatment
- Integrated Engineering Asset Management
- Australia-China Research Centre for Crop Improvement
- Clinical Nutrition Research Centre
- Balanced Land Use
- Bulk Solids and Particulate Technologies
- Hunter Creative Industries and Technology
- Equity in Higher Education
- Family Action Centre (FAC)
- Frontier Energy Technologies
- Frontier Geoscience (IFG)
- Full Employment and Equity
- Health Professional Education
- History of Violence
- Infrastructure Performance and Reliability
- Intelligent Electricity Networks
- Interdisciplinary Built Environment Research
- Ironmaking Materials Research
- Mass and Thermal Transport in Engineering Materials
- Multiphase Processes
- Optimal Planning and Operations
- Plant Science
- Purai - Global Indigenous and Diaspora Research
- Resources Health and Safety
- Rural and Remote Mental Health
- Signal Processing Microelectronics
- Social Research in Energy and Resources
- Space Physics
- Special Education and Disability Studies
- Study of Research Training and Impact - SORTI
- Tom Farrell Institute for the Environment
- Umulliko Indigenous Higher Education Centre
- Urban and Regional Studies
- Water, Climate and Land-use
- Business and Law Research
- Education and Arts Research
- Engineering and Built Environment Research
- Health and Medicine Research
Science and IT Research
- Advanced Chemistry
- Applied Informatics Research
- Communication and Media Research
- Environmental Biology and Biotechnology
- Environmental and Climate Change
- Environmental Water Science
- Exercise and Sport Science
- Human Experimental and Applied Dynamics
- Marine Natural Products and Chemical Ecology
- Medical Physics
- Metabolic Research
- Nutrition, Food and Health
- Surface and Nanoscience
- Sustainable Use of Coasts and Catchments
- Tectonics and Earth Resources
- Natural History Illustration
- Researcher resources
Sustainable Use of Coasts and Catchments
The Sustainable Use of Coasts and Catchments Research Group undertakes research to support the sustainable use and conservation of the living resources and environments of coasts and catchments, the preservation of their related social values, and the development of innovative techniques, management and conservation strategies with a particular emphasis on marine conservation.
The group has developed partnerships for research and consultancies with state, national and international agencies and community environmental organisations.
External funding has been received from local councils, government departments and numerous environmental committees.
Future University of Newcastle (UON) students will have the opportunity to ...
Lilly Serna talks to local high school girls about the importance of mathem...
Don't miss out academic staff - get involved and become a member of Academi...
Students facing difficult circumstances are set to benefit from a partnersh...
Scientists at the forefront of sperm cell biology and fertilisation researc...
Semester 2, 2014The Sociology and Anthropology Seminar Series, hosted by th...
The Collaborative Environments for Creative Arts Research (CeCAR) is...
The University of Newcastle is proud to present its new professors through ...
You are invited to the launch of Historical Encounters, an international on...
The University of Newcastle Defence Security and Innovation Cluster&nb...