- Global leadership in research
- World-class innovation
- A research career at UoN
- Graduate Research
Institutes and centres
- Hunter Medical Research Institute
- Newcastle Institute for Energy and Resources
- Advanced Particle Processing and Transport
- Asthma and Respiratory Diseases
- Bioinformatics, Biomarker Discovery and Information-Based Medicine
- Chemical Biology
- Complex Dynamic Systems and Control
- Computer Assisted Research Mathematics and its Applications
- Gender, Health and Ageing
- Geotechnical and Materials Modelling
- Health Behaviour
- Organic Electronics
- Physical Activity and Nutrition
- Reproductive Science
- Translational Neuroscience and Mental Health
- Centre of Excellence for Geotechnical Science and Engineering
- Centre of Excellence in Bioinformatics
- Cancer treatment
- Integrated Engineering Asset Management
- Australia-China Research Centre for Crop Improvement
- Clinical Nutrition Research Centre
- Balanced Land Use
- Bulk Solids and Particulate Technologies
- Hunter Creative Industries and Technology
- Equity in Higher Education
- Family Action Centre (FAC)
- Frontier Energy Technologies
- Frontier Geoscience (IFG)
- Full Employment and Equity
- Health Professional Education
- History of Violence
- Infrastructure Performance and Reliability
- Intelligent Electricity Networks
- Interdisciplinary Built Environment Research
- Ironmaking Materials Research
- Mass and Thermal Transport in Engineering Materials
- Multiphase Processes
- Optimal Planning and Operations
- Plant Science
- Purai - Global Indigenous and Diaspora Research
- Resources Health and Safety
- Rural and Remote Mental Health
- Signal Processing Microelectronics
- Social Research in Energy and Resources
- Space Physics
- Special Education and Disability Studies
- Study of Research Training and Impact - SORTI
- Tom Farrell Institute for the Environment
- Umulliko Indigenous Higher Education Centre
- Urban and Regional Studies
- Water, Climate and Land-use
- Business and Law Research
- Education and Arts Research
- Engineering and Built Environment Research
- Health and Medicine Research
Science and IT Research
- Advanced Chemistry
- Applied Informatics Research
- Communication and Media Research
- Environmental Biology and Biotechnology
- Environmental and Climate Change
- Environmental Water Science
- Exercise and Sport Science
- Human Experimental and Applied Dynamics
- Marine Natural Products and Chemical Ecology
- Medical Physics
- Metabolic Research
- Nutrition, Food and Health
- Surface and Nanoscience
- Sustainable Use of Coasts and Catchments
- Tectonics and Earth Resources
- Natural History Illustration
- Researcher resources
Nutrition, Food and Health
Research into nutrition, food and health at the University of Newcastle's Ourimbah Campus makes a significant contribution to the Faculty of Science & IT research portfolio. The scope of research encompasses both novel and traditional areas of food, nutrition and biologically active natural products.
Scientists work as a cohesive and focused research entity composed of productive researchers who have a broad range of interests, which include:
Nutrition at Ourimbah takes an integrated approach to problem solving in recognition of advances in molecular biology that can help to explain how nutrients and genes conspire to influence human health.
- Functional Foods/Food
Another key strategy is to better understand functional food bioactives and how they impact on human health. This includes folic acid, green tea catechins and probiotics
- Food Processing and Post-Harvest
Food processing and post-harvest technology including the role of nitric oxide in post-harvest plant preservation.
- Herbal Therapies/Xenobiotics
A number of projects have resulted in a series of recommendations for the herb industry regarding quality control of herbal products.
The University of Newcastle (UON) has maintained its impressive five-star r...
Future University of Newcastle (UON) students will have the opportunity to ...
Lilly Serna talks to local high school girls about the importance of mathem...
Don't miss out academic staff - get involved and become a member of Academi...
Students facing difficult circumstances are set to benefit from a partnersh...
Semester 2, 2014The Sociology and Anthropology Seminar Series, hosted by th...
You are invited to a free public lecture by Dr Gemma Clark: Arson in m...
You are invited to a free public lecture by Professor Peter Hempenstall:&nb...
You are invited to a free public lecture: Religion and Civil Society: ...
The Australian Linguistic Society is the national organization for linguist...