- Global leadership in research
- World-class innovation
- A research career at UoN
- Graduate Research
Institutes and centres
- Hunter Medical Research Institute
- Newcastle Institute for Energy and Resources
- Advanced Particle Processing and Transport
- Asthma and Respiratory Diseases
- Bioinformatics, Biomarker Discovery and Information-Based Medicine
- Chemical Biology
- Complex and Dynamic Systems
- Computer Assisted Research Mathematics and its Applications
- Gender, Health and Ageing
- Geotechnical and Materials Modelling
- Health Behaviour
- Organic Electronics
- Physical Activity and Nutrition
- Reproductive Science
- Translational Neuroscience and Mental Health
- Centre of Excellence for Geotechnical Science and Engineering
- Centre of Excellence in Bioinformatics
- Cancer treatment
- Integrated Engineering Asset Management
- Australia-China Research Centre for Crop Improvement
- Clinical Nutrition Research Centre
- Bulk Solids and Particulate Technologies
- Hunter Creative Industries and Technology
- Family Action Centre (FAC)
- Frontier Geoscience (IFG)
- Full Employment and Equity
- Health Professional Education
- History of Violence
- Infrastructure Performance and Reliability
- Intelligent Electricity Networks
- Interdisciplinary Built Environment Research
- Ironmaking Materials Research
- Mass and Thermal Transport in Engineering Materials
- Multiphase Processes
- Optimal Planning and Operations
- Plant Science
- Purai - Global Indigenous and Diaspora Research
- Resources Health and Safety
- Rural and Remote Mental Health
- Signal Processing Microelectronics
- Social Research in Energy and Resources
- Space Physics
- Special Education and Disability Studies
- Study of Research Training and Impact - SORTI
- Tom Farrell Institute for the Environment
- Umulliko Indigenous Higher Education Centre
- Urban and Regional Studies
- Business and Law Research
- Education and Arts Research
- Engineering and Built Environment Research
- Health and Medicine Research
Science and IT Research
- Advanced Chemistry
- Applied Informatics Research
- Communication and Media Research
- Environmental Biology and Biotechnology
- Environmental and Climate Change
- Environmental Water Science
- Exercise and Sport Science
- Human Experimental and Applied Dynamics
- Marine Natural Products and Chemical Ecology
- Medical Physics
- Metabolic Research
- Nutrition, Food and Health
- Surface and Nanoscience
- Sustainable Use of Coasts and Catchments
- Tectonics and Earth Resources
- Water, Climate and Land-use Management
- Wildlife Representation
- Researcher resources
Human Experimental and Applied Dynamics
At its most general level, the Human Experimental and Applied Dynamics Research Group studies the dynamics of complex human behaviour.
Many of society's greatest problems have a foundation in behavioural questions. Real-world behavioural systems are usually made up of a large number of agents that interact in varying ways, leading to complex behaviour that is difficult to understand.
Mathematical and computational advances have made such complex behaviour easier to model and simulate, increasing our ability to predict and manage behavioural outcomes.
At a regional and national level, research from the HEAD group contributes to the productivity and safety of Australian citizens.
The issues addressed by the HEAD research range from basic to applied research.
Specific cognitive topics include cognitive development, response time in choice tasks, absolute identification, speed-skill acquisition, recognition memory. Specific perception topics include odours perceptions and odour-taste interaction.
Specific personality topics include personality structure and assessment, measurement of ethical behaviour and value-directed behaviour. Specific social topics include intergroup relations, social cognition, stereotyping, prejudice, and discrimination.
Applied foci include human factors in aviation, 3D interpretation of drawings, and selection of professional students.
University of Newcastle Vice-Chancellor, Professor Caroline McMillen, has w...
Two outstanding young scholars from the University of Newcastle have been a...
Recognising UON's outstanding alumni. Nominate by 23 May 2014.
A panel of local and international urban design experts and innovators will...
The University of Newcastle today opened the doors to its state-of-the-art ...
All over the mapProfessor Kevin Hall, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research and ...
ARE YOU A HEALTH OR TECHNOLOGY ORGANISATION?WHAT CHALLENGES DO YOU FACE DAI...
The University of Newcastle is proud to present its new professors through ...
ADDRESSING CHALLENGES AND BUILDING RESEARCH-BASED, COMMERCIALLY VIABLE SOLU...