- Global leadership in research
- World-class innovation
- A research career at UoN
- Research Degrees
Institutes and centres
- Hunter Medical Research Institute
- Newcastle Institute for Energy and Resources
- Advanced Particle Processing and Transport
- Asthma and Respiratory Diseases
- Bioinformatics, Biomarker Discovery and Information-Based Medicine
- Chemical Biology
- Complex Dynamic Systems and Control
- Computer Assisted Research Mathematics and its Applications
- Frontier Energy Technologies & Utilisation
- Gender, Health and Ageing
- Geotechnical and Materials Modelling
- Health Behaviour
- Organic Electronics
- Physical Activity and Nutrition
- Reproductive Science
- Translational Neuroscience and Mental Health
- Centre of Excellence for Geotechnical Science and Engineering
- Centre of Excellence in Bioinformatics
- Research Hub for Advanced Technologies for Australian Iron Ore
- Cancer treatment
- Integrated Engineering Asset Management
- Australia-China Research Centre for Crop Improvement
- Clinical Nutrition Research Centre
- Balanced Land Use
- Bulk Solids and Particulate Technologies
- Hunter Creative Industries and Technology
- Equity in Higher Education
- Family Action Centre (FAC)
- Frontier Energy Technologies
- Frontier Geoscience (IFG)
- Full Employment and Equity
- Health Professional Education
- History of Violence
- Infrastructure Performance and Reliability
- Intelligent Electricity Networks
- Interdisciplinary Built Environment Research
- Ironmaking Materials Research
- Mass and Thermal Transport in Engineering Materials
- Multiphase Processes
- NSW Energy Innovation Knowledge Hub
- Optimal Planning and Operations
- Plant Science
- Purai - Global Indigenous and Diaspora Research
- Resources Health and Safety
- Rural and Remote Mental Health
- Signal Processing Microelectronics
- Social Research in Energy and Resources
- Space Physics
- Special Education and Disability Studies
- Study of Research Training and Impact - SORTI
- Tom Farrell Institute for the Environment
- Umulliko Indigenous Higher Education Centre
- Urban and Regional Studies
- Water, Climate and Land-use
- Business and Law Research
- Education and Arts Research
- Engineering and Built Environment Research
- Health and Medicine Research
- Science and IT Research
- Researcher resources
- Celebrating 50 years of research at UON
Newcastle University Evidence-Based Nutrition and Dietetics
NUEBaND is a collaboration that is designed to build the capacity and hence research capacity of the academic and conjoint staff of the University of Newcastle. In Nutrition and Dietetics this is done through collaboration amongst our University community and outreach to the professional practising community, unifying and moving forward.
NUEBaND has 4 key priority research areas:
- Research capacity building for nutrition and dietetics
- Food Frequency Questions (FFQ) and related data from The Australian Longitudinal Study for Womens Health (ALSWH)
- Undertaking systematic reviews to contribute to the evidence base
- Obesity in women and children
- Academic staff
- Nutrition and dietetics practising community
- Priority Research Centres aligned with NUEBaND:
A scholarship opportunity is available for a PhD student to study Inflammat...
Innovation in health and medical professional education and challenges in c...
Two University of Newcastle (UON) research leaders are among the distinguis...
The University of Newcastle kicked off the beginning of a year of celebrati...
Having succumbed to the Academics team last year, the students are out for ...
NOW OPEN: '50 X 50 SECONDS for 50 YEARS' Smartphone Video CompetitionWe are...
Lost Images from Australia's First Conflict - The Fall of German New ...
This public seminar hosted by the University of Newcastle Priority Researc...
Thomas Maschmeyer, who received his PhD from UON in 1994, will present "Fro...
Stone chips to silicon chips: Australia's Indigenous digital divideIn our e...
Laureate Professor Foster's research focuses on understanding the molecular and cellular basis of asthma, allergy, respiratory disorders,...