- Global leadership in research
- World-class innovation
- A research career at UON
- Research Degrees
Institutes and centres
- Newcastle Innovation
- Hunter Medical Research Institute
- Newcastle Institute for Energy and Resources
- Chemical Biology and Clinical Pharmacology
- Complex Dynamic Systems and Control
- Computer Assisted Research Mathematics and its Applications
- Digestive Health and Neurogastroenterology
- Geotechnical Science and Engineering
- Bioinformatics, Biomarker Discovery and Information-Based Medicine
- Brain and Mental Health Research
- Cardiovascular Health
- Cancer Research, Innovation and Translation
- Generational Health and Ageing
- Grow Up Well
- Health Behaviour
- Healthy Lungs
- Physical Activity and Nutrition
- Reproductive Science
- Stroke and Brain Injury
- Advanced Fluids and Interfaces
- Advanced Particle Processing and Transport
- Frontier Energy Technologies & Utilisation
- Organic Electronics
- Centre of Excellence for Geotechnical Science and Engineering
- Training Centre for Food and Beverage Supply Chain Optimisation
- Research Hub for Advanced Technologies for Australian Iron Ore
- Centre of Excellence in Severe Asthma
- Centre of Research Excellence (CRE) for Venom and Antivenom
- Cancer treatment
- Contamination Assessment and Remediation of the Environment
- Invasive Animals CRC
- Young and Well CRC
- Australia-China Research Centre for Crop Improvement
- Clinical Nutrition Research Centre
- Centre for 21st Century Humanities
- Balanced Land Use
- Bulk Solids and Particulate Technologies
- Hunter Creative Industries and Technology
- Environmental Remediation (GCER)
- Excellence for Equity in Higher Education
- Family Action Centre (FAC)
- Frontier Energy Technologies
- Frontier Geoscience (IFG)
- Full Employment and Equity
- Health Professional Education
- History of Violence
- Infrastructure Performance and Reliability
- Intelligent Electricity Networks
- Interdisciplinary Built Environment Research
- Ironmaking Materials Research
- Mass and Thermal Transport in Engineering Materials
- Multiphase Processes
- Optimal Planning and Operations
- Plant Science
- Purai - Global Indigenous and Diaspora Research
- Resources Health and Safety
- Rural and Remote Mental Health
- Secure and Reliable Communications
- Signal Processing Microelectronics
- Social Research and Regional Futures
- Space Physics
- Special Education and Disability Studies
- Study of Research Training and Impact - SORTI
- Teachers and Teaching
- Tom Farrell Institute for the Environment
- Umulliko Indigenous Higher Education Centre
- Urban and Regional Studies
- Water, Climate and Land-use
- Business and Law Research
- Education and Arts Research
- Engineering and Built Environment Research
- Health and Medicine Research
- Science and IT Research
Mental Health Nursing Research and Practice Development
The Nursing Research and Practice Development Unit (NRPDU) exists within the Priority Research Centre for Brain and Mental Health Research. The program of research operating from the NRPDU locates research into mental health nursing within a broad framework of mental health services research. The main focus of the program is to assess the effectiveness of nursing led psychological and psychosocial interventions using qualitative and/or quantitative research methods.
Recent and current projects include:
- Research into the area of General Practice, Depression, Men's Health, Mental Health Care Coordination
- A study of staff attitudes, knowledge and experience of consumers with borderline personality disorder
- A study assessing the effectiveness of providing dialectical behaviour therapy for borderline personality disorder in a standard regional mental health service
- A pragmatic trial of an anti-absconding intervention in adult acute mental health facilities
- A study of new graduate nurses' transition from university to the mental health nursing workforce
- A study of the therapeutic implications of patient swearing on nurses
Honours and research higher degree students undertaking research within the program are either directly involved in these projects or are working in related areas.
Three University Of Newcastle teams will successfully test their research a...
PhD Scholarship - Understanding the pathogenesis of infection induced aberrant innate immune responses and exacerbation of asthma
A PhD scholarship is available for a highly self-motivated post-graduate/gr...
Four remarkable University of Newcastle academic staff have received nation...
An international asthma review involving University of Newcastle (UON) rese...
The University of Newcastle (UON) Alumni Awards Finalists have been announc...
This is Not Art (TiNA) celebrates Newcastle as a first rate creative city.N...
The Centre of Excellence in Severe Asthma is hosting Professor Helen Reddel...
The University of Newcastle's Alumni Awards recognise and celebrate in...
This public seminar hosted by the University of Newcastle Priority Research...
Laureate Professor Foster's research focuses on understanding the molecular and cellular basis of asthma, allergy, respiratory disorders,...