- Global leadership in research
- World-class innovation
- A research career at UoN
- Graduate Research
Institutes and centres
- Hunter Medical Research Institute
- Newcastle Institute for Energy and Resources
- Advanced Particle Processing and Transport
- Asthma and Respiratory Diseases
- Bioinformatics, Biomarker Discovery and Information-Based Medicine
- Chemical Biology
- Complex Dynamic Systems and Control
- Computer Assisted Research Mathematics and its Applications
- Gender, Health and Ageing
- Geotechnical and Materials Modelling
- Health Behaviour
- Organic Electronics
- Physical Activity and Nutrition
- Reproductive Science
- Translational Neuroscience and Mental Health
- Centre of Excellence for Geotechnical Science and Engineering
- Centre of Excellence in Bioinformatics
- Research Hub for Advanced Technologies for Australian Iron Ore
- Cancer treatment
- Integrated Engineering Asset Management
- Australia-China Research Centre for Crop Improvement
- Clinical Nutrition Research Centre
- Balanced Land Use
- Bulk Solids and Particulate Technologies
- Hunter Creative Industries and Technology
- Equity in Higher Education
- Family Action Centre (FAC)
- Frontier Energy Technologies
- Frontier Geoscience (IFG)
- Full Employment and Equity
- Health Professional Education
- History of Violence
- Infrastructure Performance and Reliability
- Intelligent Electricity Networks
- Interdisciplinary Built Environment Research
- Ironmaking Materials Research
- Mass and Thermal Transport in Engineering Materials
- Multiphase Processes
- NSW Energy Innovation Knowledge Hub
- Optimal Planning and Operations
- Plant Science
- Purai - Global Indigenous and Diaspora Research
- Resources Health and Safety
- Rural and Remote Mental Health
- Signal Processing Microelectronics
- Social Research in Energy and Resources
- Space Physics
- Special Education and Disability Studies
- Study of Research Training and Impact - SORTI
- Tom Farrell Institute for the Environment
- Umulliko Indigenous Higher Education Centre
- Urban and Regional Studies
- Water, Climate and Land-use
- Business and Law Research
- Education and Arts Research
- Engineering and Built Environment Research
- Health and Medicine Research
- Science and IT Research
- Researcher resources
Mental Health Nursing Research and Practice Development
The Nursing Research and Practice Development Unit (NRPDU) exists within the Priority Research Centre for Brain and Mental Health Research. The program of research operating from the NRPDU locates research into mental health nursing within a broad framework of mental health services research. The main focus of the program is to assess the effectiveness of nursing led psychological and psychosocial interventions using qualitative and/or quantitative research methods.
Recent and current projects include:
- Research into the area of General Practice, Depression, Men's Health, Mental Health Care Coordination
- A study of staff attitudes, knowledge and experience of consumers with borderline personality disorder
- A study assessing the effectiveness of providing dialectical behaviour therapy for borderline personality disorder in a standard regional mental health service
- A pragmatic trial of an anti-absconding intervention in adult acute mental health facilities
- A study of new graduate nurses' transition from university to the mental health nursing workforce
- A study of the therapeutic implications of patient swearing on nurses
Honours and research higher degree students undertaking research within the program are either directly involved in these projects or are working in related areas.
One of Australia's youngest kidney transplant recipients will join hundreds...
A University of Newcastle research team is aiming to determine the influenc...
University of Newcastle (UON) graduate Dr Alison Thorburn, who is traversin...
UON's exciting new residential development on our Callaghan campus is neari...
The ANZAHPE/AMEA 2015 Scientific Program Committees are now invi...
Our talented scholarship recipients will be celebrated and our generous don...
The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Research and Innovation Cluste...
Effective Twitter use can increase exposure of researchers and their w...
Laureate Professor Foster's research focuses on understanding the molecular and cellular basis of asthma, allergy, respiratory disorders,...