- Global leadership in research
- World-class innovation
- A research career at UoN
- Graduate Research
Institutes and centres
- Hunter Medical Research Institute
- Newcastle Institute for Energy and Resources
- Advanced Particle Processing and Transport
- Asthma and Respiratory Diseases
- Bioinformatics, Biomarker Discovery and Information-Based Medicine
- Chemical Biology
- Complex Dynamic Systems and Control
- Computer Assisted Research Mathematics and its Applications
- Gender, Health and Ageing
- Geotechnical and Materials Modelling
- Health Behaviour
- Organic Electronics
- Physical Activity and Nutrition
- Reproductive Science
- Translational Neuroscience and Mental Health
- Centre of Excellence for Geotechnical Science and Engineering
- Centre of Excellence in Bioinformatics
- Research Hub for Advanced Technologies for Australian Iron Ore
- Cancer treatment
- Integrated Engineering Asset Management
- Australia-China Research Centre for Crop Improvement
- Clinical Nutrition Research Centre
- Balanced Land Use
- Bulk Solids and Particulate Technologies
- Hunter Creative Industries and Technology
- Equity in Higher Education
- Family Action Centre (FAC)
- Frontier Energy Technologies
- Frontier Geoscience (IFG)
- Full Employment and Equity
- Health Professional Education
- History of Violence
- Infrastructure Performance and Reliability
- Intelligent Electricity Networks
- Interdisciplinary Built Environment Research
- Ironmaking Materials Research
- Mass and Thermal Transport in Engineering Materials
- Multiphase Processes
- NSW Energy Innovation Knowledge Hub
- Optimal Planning and Operations
- Plant Science
- Purai - Global Indigenous and Diaspora Research
- Resources Health and Safety
- Rural and Remote Mental Health
- Signal Processing Microelectronics
- Social Research in Energy and Resources
- Space Physics
- Special Education and Disability Studies
- Study of Research Training and Impact - SORTI
- Tom Farrell Institute for the Environment
- Umulliko Indigenous Higher Education Centre
- Urban and Regional Studies
- Water, Climate and Land-use
- Business and Law Research
- Education and Arts Research
- Engineering and Built Environment Research
- Health and Medicine Research
- Science and IT Research
- Researcher resources
The Chlamydia Research Group (CRG) is a major research group in the Discipline of Immunology and Microbiology. The group is funded by research grants from the NHMRC, the ARC, the HRC (NZ) and has substantial industry funding and is also part of the HMRI VIVA research group.
Major research projects carried out within the CRG include:
- Development of novel needle-free skin-based vaccine approaches to prevent genital and respiratory Chlamydia infections.
- Understanding how the innate immune response to genital tract Chlamydia infection contributes to the development of pelvic inflammatory disease and tubal factor infertility.
- Understanding the mechanisms underlying Chlamydia-mediated exacerbation of coronary artery disease.
- Understanding how chlamydial infection in neonates can exacerbate asthma attacks later in life (with Dr. Phil Hansbro, Prof. Paul Foster and Prof. Peter Gibson).
- Development of vaccines to prevent genital and ocular infections in koalas (with Prof. John Rodger)
For more information contact:
School of Biomedical Sciences and Pharmacy
One of Australia's youngest kidney transplant recipients will join hundreds...
A University of Newcastle research team is aiming to determine the influenc...
University of Newcastle (UON) graduate Dr Alison Thorburn, who is traversin...
UON's exciting new residential development on our Callaghan campus is neari...
The ANZAHPE/AMEA 2015 Scientific Program Committees are now invi...
Laureate Professor Foster's research focuses on understanding the molecular and cellular basis of asthma allergy respiratory disorders...