- Global leadership in research
- World-class innovation
- A research career at UoN
- Graduate Research
Institutes and centres
- Hunter Medical Research Institute
- Newcastle Institute for Energy and Resources
- Advanced Particle Processing and Transport
- Asthma and Respiratory Diseases
- Bioinformatics, Biomarker Discovery and Information-Based Medicine
- Chemical Biology
- Complex and Dynamic Systems
- Computer Assisted Research Mathematics and its Applications
- Gender, Health and Ageing
- Geotechnical and Materials Modelling
- Health Behaviour
- Organic Electronics
- Physical Activity and Nutrition
- Reproductive Science
- Translational Neuroscience and Mental Health
- Centre of Excellence for Geotechnical Science and Engineering
- Centre of Excellence in Bioinformatics
- Cancer treatment
- Integrated Engineering Asset Management
- Australia-China Research Centre for Crop Improvement
- Clinical Nutrition Research Centre
- Bulk Solids and Particulate Technologies
- Hunter Creative Industries and Technology
- Family Action Centre (FAC)
- Frontier Geoscience (IFG)
- Full Employment and Equity
- Health Professional Education
- History of Violence
- Infrastructure Performance and Reliability
- Intelligent Electricity Networks
- Interdisciplinary Built Environment Research
- Ironmaking Materials Research
- Mass and Thermal Transport in Engineering Materials
- Multiphase Processes
- Optimal Planning and Operations
- Plant Science
- Purai - Global Indigenous and Diaspora Research
- Rural and Remote Mental Health
- Signal Processing Microelectronics
- Social Research in Energy and Resources
- Space Physics
- Special Education and Disability Studies
- Study of Research Training and Impact - SORTI
- Tom Farrell Institute for the Environment
- Umulliko Indigenous Higher Education Centre
- Urban and Regional Studies
- Business and Law Research
- Education and Arts Research
- Engineering and Built Environment Research
- Health and Medicine Research
- Science and IT Research
- Researcher resources
Australian Centre for Evidence Based Nutrition and Dietetics
ACEBaND participates in the University of Newcastle evidence-based synthesis group; which is an affiliated centre of the University of Western Sydney in collaboration with the Joanna Briggs Institute (JBI). It is the only centre with an exclusive focus on nutrition internationally.
ACEBAND conducts systematic reviews of topical nutrition and dietetic issues and facilitates the translation of the best available evidence into nutrition practice. A key aim is to develop Best Practice Information Sheets that target aspects of nursing that are likely to benefit from access to evidence-based nutrition strategies.
Through ACEBAND, students gain access to a support structure that facilitates development of a peer-reviewed protocol to critically appraise nutrition issues and are supported through JBI to publish the findings broadly.
The University of Newcastle will today unveil a new Global eHealth Research...
School-based intervention programs may offer hope for inactive teenage girl...
The University of Newcastle (UON) is celebrating its first decade in Port M...
The University of Newcastle's Civil and Structural Engineering discipline h...
University of Newcastle researcher Dr Nikola Bowden is investigating a DNA ...
Australia's two million sufferers of airway disease can breathe easier thanks to the work of the University's...