- Global leadership in research
- World-class innovation
- A research career at UoN
- Graduate Research
Institutes and centres
- Hunter Medical Research Institute
- Newcastle Institute for Energy and Resources
- Advanced Particle Processing and Transport
- Asthma and Respiratory Diseases
- Bioinformatics, Biomarker Discovery and Information-Based Medicine
- Chemical Biology
- Complex and Dynamic Systems
- Computer Assisted Research Mathematics and its Applications
- Gender, Health and Ageing
- Geotechnical and Materials Modelling
- Health Behaviour
- Organic Electronics
- Physical Activity and Nutrition
- Reproductive Science
- Translational Neuroscience and Mental Health
- Centre of Excellence for Geotechnical Science and Engineering
- Centre of Excellence in Bioinformatics
- Cancer treatment
- Integrated Engineering Asset Management
- Australia-China Research Centre for Crop Improvement
- Clinical Nutrition Research Centre
- Bulk Solids and Particulate Technologies
- Hunter Creative Industries and Technology
- Family Action Centre (FAC)
- Frontier Geoscience (IFG)
- Full Employment and Equity
- Health Professional Education
- History of Violence
- Infrastructure Performance and Reliability
- Intelligent Electricity Networks
- Interdisciplinary Built Environment Research
- Ironmaking Materials Research
- Mass and Thermal Transport in Engineering Materials
- Multiphase Processes
- Optimal Planning and Operations
- Plant Science
- Purai - Global Indigenous and Diaspora Research
- Resources Health and Safety
- Rural and Remote Mental Health
- Signal Processing Microelectronics
- Social Research in Energy and Resources
- Space Physics
- Special Education and Disability Studies
- Study of Research Training and Impact - SORTI
- Tom Farrell Institute for the Environment
- Umulliko Indigenous Higher Education Centre
- Urban and Regional Studies
- Business and Law Research
- Education and Arts Research
- Engineering and Built Environment Research
- Health and Medicine Research
- Science and IT Research
- Researcher resources
Australian Centre for Evidence Based Nutrition and Dietetics
ACEBaND participates in the University of Newcastle evidence-based synthesis group; which is an affiliated centre of the University of Western Sydney in collaboration with the Joanna Briggs Institute (JBI). It is the only centre with an exclusive focus on nutrition internationally.
ACEBAND conducts systematic reviews of topical nutrition and dietetic issues and facilitates the translation of the best available evidence into nutrition practice. A key aim is to develop Best Practice Information Sheets that target aspects of nursing that are likely to benefit from access to evidence-based nutrition strategies.
Through ACEBAND, students gain access to a support structure that facilitates development of a peer-reviewed protocol to critically appraise nutrition issues and are supported through JBI to publish the findings broadly.
University of Newcastle Vice-Chancellor, Professor Caroline McMillen, has w...
Two outstanding young scholars from the University of Newcastle have been a...
A HMRI genetics laboratory at Newcastle's John Hunter Hospital has become t...
Eating a poor-quality diet high in fat, refined sugar and processed foods c...
Recognising UON's outstanding alumni. Nominate by 23 May 2014.
All over the mapProfessor Kevin Hall, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research and ...
ARE YOU A HEALTH OR TECHNOLOGY ORGANISATION?WHAT CHALLENGES DO YOU FACE DAI...
The University of Newcastle is proud to present its new professors through ...
ADDRESSING CHALLENGES AND BUILDING RESEARCH-BASED, COMMERCIALLY VIABLE SOLU...
Laureate Professor Foster's research focuses on understanding the molecular and cellular basis of asthma allergy respiratory disorders...