- Global leadership in research
- World-class innovation
- A research career at UON
- Research Degrees
Institutes and centres
- Newcastle Innovation
- Hunter Medical Research Institute
- Newcastle Institute for Energy and Resources
- Chemical Biology and Clinical Pharmacology
- Complex Dynamic Systems and Control
- Computer Assisted Research Mathematics and its Applications
- Digestive Health and Neurogastroenterology
- Geotechnical and Materials Modelling
- Bioinformatics, Biomarker Discovery and Information-Based Medicine
- Brain and Mental Health Research
- Cardiovascular Health
- Cancer Research, Innovation and Translation
- Generational Health and Ageing
- Grow Up Well
- Health Behaviour
- Healthy Lungs
- Physical Activity and Nutrition
- Reproductive Science
- Stroke and Brain Injury
- Advanced Fluids and Interfaces
- Advanced Particle Processing and Transport
- Frontier Energy Technologies & Utilisation
- Organic Electronics
- Centre of Excellence for Geotechnical Science and Engineering
- Training Centre for Food and Beverage Supply Chain Optimisation
- Research Hub for Advanced Technologies for Australian Iron Ore
- Centre of Excellence in Severe Asthma
- Centre of Research Excellence (CRE) for Venom and Antivenom
- Cancer treatment
- Contamination Assessment and Remediation of the Environment
- Invasive Animals CRC
- Young and Well CRC
- Australia-China Research Centre for Crop Improvement
- Clinical Nutrition Research Centre
- Centre for 21st Century Humanities
- Balanced Land Use
- Bulk Solids and Particulate Technologies
- Hunter Creative Industries and Technology
- Environmental Remediation (GCER)
- Excellence for Equity in Higher Education
- Family Action Centre (FAC)
- Frontier Energy Technologies
- Frontier Geoscience (IFG)
- Full Employment and Equity
- Health Professional Education
- History of Violence
- Infrastructure Performance and Reliability
- Intelligent Electricity Networks
- Interdisciplinary Built Environment Research
- Ironmaking Materials Research
- Mass and Thermal Transport in Engineering Materials
- Multiphase Processes
- Optimal Planning and Operations
- Plant Science
- Purai - Global Indigenous and Diaspora Research
- Resources Health and Safety
- Rural and Remote Mental Health
- Secure and Reliable Communications
- Signal Processing Microelectronics
- Social Research and Regional Futures
- Space Physics
- Special Education and Disability Studies
- Study of Research Training and Impact - SORTI
- Teachers and Teaching
- Tom Farrell Institute for the Environment
- Umulliko Indigenous Higher Education Centre
- Urban and Regional Studies
- Water, Climate and Land-use
- Business and Law Research
- Education and Arts Research
- Engineering and Built Environment Research
- Health and Medicine Research
- Science and IT Research
Australian Centre for Evidence Based Nutrition and Dietetics
ACEBaND participates in the University of Newcastle evidence-based synthesis group; which is an affiliated centre of the University of Western Sydney in collaboration with the Joanna Briggs Institute (JBI). It is the only centre with an exclusive focus on nutrition internationally.
ACEBAND conducts systematic reviews of topical nutrition and dietetic issues and facilitates the translation of the best available evidence into nutrition practice. A key aim is to develop Best Practice Information Sheets that target aspects of nursing that are likely to benefit from access to evidence-based nutrition strategies.
Through ACEBAND, students gain access to a support structure that facilitates development of a peer-reviewed protocol to critically appraise nutrition issues and are supported through JBI to publish the findings broadly.
The Three Minute Thesis final was held at the University of Newcastle (UON)...
Technology will be the tool of choice to target the poor eating habits of y...
A PhD scholarship is available in the SMS4dads suite of research projects u...
A PhD scholarship is available for a student to investigate glial biology, ...
A PhD / MPhil scholarship is available for a student to investig...
The History@Newcastle Research Seminar Series presents Justine Greenwood, o...
The Hunter Valley Electric Vehicle Festival 'EVFest' is all about thinking ...
The Applied Informatics Research (AIR) Group at the University of Newcastle...
Laureate Professor Foster's research focuses on understanding the molecular and cellular basis of asthma, allergy, respiratory disorders,...