- Global leadership in research
- World-class innovation
- A research career at UoN
- Research Degrees
Institutes and centres
- Hunter Medical Research Institute
- Newcastle Institute for Energy and Resources
- Advanced Particle Processing and Transport
- Asthma and Respiratory Diseases
- Bioinformatics, Biomarker Discovery and Information-Based Medicine
- Chemical Biology
- Complex Dynamic Systems and Control
- Computer Assisted Research Mathematics and its Applications
- Gender, Health and Ageing
- Geotechnical and Materials Modelling
- Health Behaviour
- Organic Electronics
- Physical Activity and Nutrition
- Reproductive Science
- Translational Neuroscience and Mental Health
- Centre of Excellence for Geotechnical Science and Engineering
- Centre of Excellence in Bioinformatics
- Research Hub for Advanced Technologies for Australian Iron Ore
- Cancer treatment
- Integrated Engineering Asset Management
- Australia-China Research Centre for Crop Improvement
- Clinical Nutrition Research Centre
- Balanced Land Use
- Bulk Solids and Particulate Technologies
- Hunter Creative Industries and Technology
- Equity in Higher Education
- Family Action Centre (FAC)
- Frontier Energy Technologies
- Frontier Geoscience (IFG)
- Full Employment and Equity
- Health Professional Education
- History of Violence
- Infrastructure Performance and Reliability
- Intelligent Electricity Networks
- Interdisciplinary Built Environment Research
- Ironmaking Materials Research
- Mass and Thermal Transport in Engineering Materials
- Multiphase Processes
- NSW Energy Innovation Knowledge Hub
- Optimal Planning and Operations
- Plant Science
- Purai - Global Indigenous and Diaspora Research
- Resources Health and Safety
- Rural and Remote Mental Health
- Signal Processing Microelectronics
- Social Research in Energy and Resources
- Space Physics
- Special Education and Disability Studies
- Study of Research Training and Impact - SORTI
- Tom Farrell Institute for the Environment
- Umulliko Indigenous Higher Education Centre
- Urban and Regional Studies
- Water, Climate and Land-use
- Business and Law Research
- Education and Arts Research
- Engineering and Built Environment Research
- Health and Medicine Research
- Science and IT Research
- Researcher resources
Adult Lifestyle Incentives for Vitality and Energy
ALIVE is a cross-disciplinary collaboration among our University community that supports health professionals to assist their clients with weight management through lifestyle changes. The group is affiliated with the PRC for Physical Activity and Nutrition (PAN) and The Hunter Medical Research Institute (HMRI).
A survey completed by the ALIVE team showed that health professionals believe it is within their scope to practice to provide healthy lifestyle advice for weight management, and they are more likely to do this if they had received training in providing evidence-based weight management advice. Therefore, opportunites exist to engage the allied health workforce in provision of lifestyle advice to at risk patients as a strategy to counter the obesity epidemic.
ALIVE is currently evaluating the feasibility, development and implementation of a training package that assists regional health professionals from multiple disciplines in providing healthy lifestyle advice to patients who are overweight or obese.
Dr Suzanne Snodgrass
A pilot General Practitioner (GP) mentoring program delivered by the Nation...
Showcase your work alongside the world's best with this exclusive opportuni...
A new "biobank" for brain cancer is being established at the Hunter Medical...
Three PhD scholarships are available focusing on a behavioural epidemiology...
The University of Newcastle's (UON) Open Foundation program is celebrating ...
This public seminar hosted by the University of Newcastle Priority Researc...
Home to the UON Department of Rural Health, the new $19.5m Tamworth E...
Celebrating the power of the Open Foundation to change lives, "Transformati...
Introducing the first in a series of annual public lectures honouring the w...
You are invited to a free public talk by Professor Antonia Darder, titled &...
Laureate Professor Foster's research focuses on understanding the molecular and cellular basis of asthma, allergy, respiratory disorders,...