International Studies in Widening Participation
International Studies in Widening Participation in Tertiary Education is an open access interdisciplinary journal. The journal provides a platform to publish scholarly work about equity, access and widening participation and engages academics, practitioners and students in meaningful discussion about widening student participation in tertiary education globally.
The journal is a collaborative effort by the English Language and Foundation Studies Centre and the Centre of Excellence for Equity in Higher Education at the University of Newcastle, Australia.
We invite academics, researchers, practitioners and students to contribute manuscripts on policies, practices, case studies and academic research for publication in the journal. Submissions about a diverse range of topics are welcome, including but not limited to:
- Access and equity
- Widening Participation
- Engagement and belonging; and
- Inclusive pedagogies and practices.
Volume of Publication
International Studies in Widening Participation aims to publish two volumes per year. An author can only publish or be part of one paper per volume. The volume of papers can be found at the journal website.
Our editorial team is led by Dr Anna Bennett from the University of Newcastle, Australia and includes leading experts in the widening participation field from around the globe.
- Professor Larissa Behrendt, Professor of Law and Director of Research at the Jumbunna Indigenous House of Learning at the University of Technology, Sydney, Australia
- Professor Gail Whiteford, former Pro-Vice Chancellor Social Inclusion, Macquarie University, Australia
- Professor Geoff Whitty, Global Innovation Chair for Equity in Higher Education, The University of Newcastle, Australia
- Dr Elana Curtis, Senior Lecturer Medical at Te Kupenga Hauora Maori, University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Professor John Richardson, Professor in Student Learning & Assessment, Open University, UK
- Dr Marieke Meeuwisse, Assistant Professor, Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Professor Terrell Strayhorn, Director, Center for Higher Education Research & Policy, The Ohio State University, USA
- Associate Professor Tony Chambers, Director of the Centre for the Study of Students in Postsecondary Education, University of Toronto, Canada
- Professor Chika MT Sehoole, University of Pretoria, South Africa
- Associate Professor Atia Apusigah, University for Development Studies, Ghana
- Dr Yussra Jamjoom, Vice Dean of Academic Affairs, University of Business and Technology, Saudi Arabia
- Professor Luis Armando Gandin, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
- Professor Liang Du, Faculty of Education, Beijing Normal University, China
- Professor Jwala Prasad Pachauri, Dean, School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University, India
- Professor Lee Wing-on, National Institute of Education, Singapore
- Professor Lynn Ilon, Seoul National University, South Korea
- Associate Professor Anjeela Jokhan, Dean, Faculty of Science, Technology and Environment, The University of the South Pacific, Fiji Islands
- Dr Eka Srimulyani, The Islamic State University of Ar-Raniry Banda Aceh, Indonesia