The Australia-China Research Centre for Crop Improvement aims to promote strategic collaborative research in crop science among leading Australian and Chinese Institutes.
- Ruan Y-L, Patrick JW, Bouzayen M, Osorio S and Fernie AR (2012) Molecular
regulation of seed and fruit set. Trends in Plant
JIF, 11.0; JR, 2/190 of all Plant Biology Journals.
- Wang L and Ruan Y-L (2012) New insights into roles of cell wall invertase in
early seed development revealed by comprehensive spatial and temporal expression
patterns of GhCWIN1 in cotton. Plant
Physiology pp.112.203893; First Published on August 3, 2012;
doi:10.1104/pp.112.203893. JIF, 7.1; JR, 3/186 of primary research journals in
- Liu YH, Cao JS, Li GJ, Wu XH, Wang BG, Xu Pei, Lu ZF, Patrick JW and
Ruan Y-L (2012) Genotypic differences in pod wall and seed
growth relate to invertase activities and assimilate transport pathways in
Asparagus bean. Annals of Botany 109, 1277-1284. JIF,
4.0; JR, 15/186.
- Ruan Y-L (2012) Signaling roles of sucrose metabolism in plant development
Molecular Plant 5, 763-765. JIF, 5.4; JR, 5/186.
- Chen XY, Li LG, Huang JR, Ruan Y-L,Wang XM and Li L (2012) Translate plant
metabolism into modern agriculture: A starting point. Molecular
Plant 5, 291-293.JIF, 5.4; JR, 5/186.
- Jiang Y, Guo WZ, Zhu H, Ruan Y-L, and Zhang TZ (2012) Overexpression of
GhSusA1 increases plant biomass and improves cotton fiber yield and
quality. Plant Biotechnology Journal. 10, 301-312.
JIF, 5.3; JR, 6/186.
- Xu S, Brill E, Llewellyn D, Furbank RT and Ruan Y-L (2012) Over-expression
of a potato sucrose synthase gene in cotton accelerates leaf expansion, reduces
seed abortion and enhances fiber production. Molecular
Plant. 5, 430-441. JIF, 5.4; JR, 5/186.
- Li ZM, Palmer P, Martin M, Wang R, Rainsford F, Jin Y, Patrick JW, Yang YJ
and Ruan Y-L (2012) High invertase activity in tomato reproductive organs
correlates with enhanced sucrose import into, and heat tolerance of, young
fruit. Journal of Experimental Botany 63, 1155-1166.
JIF, 5.4; JR, 6/186.
- Brill E, van Thournout M, White RG, Llewellyn D, Campbell P, Engelen S, Ruan
Y-L, Arioli T and Furbank RT (2011) A novel isoform of sucrose synthase is
targeted to the cell wall during secondary cell wall synthesis in cotton fibre.
Plant Physiology 157, 40-54. JIF, 7.1; JR, 3/186.
- Wang L and Ruan Y-L (2010) Unraveling mechanisms of cell expansion linking
solute transport, metabolism, plasmodesmtal gating and cell wall dynamics.
Plant Signalling & Behaviour 5, 1551-1554. JIF not
available (na) ; JR, na.
- Wang L, Li XR, Lian H, He YK, Chen XY and Ruan Y-L (2010) Evidence that high
activity of vacuolar invertase is required for cotton fiber and
Arabidopsis root elongation through osmotic dependent and independent
pathway, respectively. Plant Physiology 154, 744-756
(highlighted as cover story). JIF, 7.1; JR, 3/186.
- Ruan Y-L, Patrick JW and Weber H (2010) Assimilate Partitioning and Plant
Development. Molecular Plant 3:941. (* corresponding
author). JIF, 5.4; JR, 5/186.
- Ruan Y-L, Jin Y, Li GJ, Yang YJ and Boyer JS (2010) Sugar input, metabolism
and signaling mediated by invertase: Roles in development, yield potential and
response to drought and heat. Molecular Plant 3,
942-955. (* corresponding author). JIF, 5.4; JR, 5/186.
- Pugh, DA, Offler, CE, Talbot MJ and Ruan Y-L (2010) Evidence for the role of
transfer cells in the evolutionary increase of seed and fiber biomass yield in
Cotton. Molecular Plant 3, 1075-1086. JIF, 5.4; JR,
- Li, ZM, Yang F , Yang YJ, Ye QJ, Wang RQ, Ruan MY, Zhou GZ, Yao ZP, Wan HJ,
Zhang X-M and Ruan Y-L (2010) Expression of resistance gene Pto driven by a
root-specific promoter enhances tolerance to bacterial wilt in tomato.
Acta Horticulturae Sinica 37, 2142. JIF na ; JR, na.
- Li, ZM, Yang YJ, Yang F, Ye QJ, Wang RQ, Ruan MY, Zhou G, Yao ZP and Ruan
Y-L (2010) Cloning of LeGRP2 promoter from tomato that shows root-specific
expression in Arabidopsis. Scientia Agricultura Sinica
43, 1877-1882. JIF na ; JR, na.
- Li XR, Wang L and Ruan Y-L (2010) Developmental and molecular physiological
evidence for the role of phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase in rapid cotton fibre
elongation. Journal of Experimental Botany 61,
287-295. JIF, 5.4; JR, 6/186.
- Jin Y, Ni D-A and Ruan Y-L (2009) Posttranslational elevation of cell wall
invertase activity by silencing its inhibitor in tomato delays leaf senescence
and increases seed weight and fruit hexose level. Plant
Cell 21, 2072-2089. (Highlighted in AUSTRALIA SCIENCE; ABC; NBN,
The Age). JIF, 10.2; JR, 1/186.
- Ruan Y-L, Jin Y and Huang JR (2009) Capping invertase activity by its
inhibitor: Roles and implications in Sugar signaling, carbon allocation,
senescence and evolution. Plant Signalling &
Behaviour 4, 983-985. (* corresponding author). JIF na ; JR, na.