Bachelor of Teaching / Bachelor of Music Schedule
Faculty of Education and Arts
1. In this Schedule, unless the context or subject matter otherwise indicates or requires:
"double degree" means the award of Bachelor of Teaching/Bachelor of Music;
"Faculty Board" means the Faculty Board, Faculty of Education and Arts;
"Group 1 courses" means the courses offered by the School of Education within the Faculty of Education and Arts for the purpose of satisfying the requirements of the double degree; and
"Group 2 courses" means the courses offered by other Schools or Faculties of the University and deemed appropriate by the Pro Vice-Chancellor for the purpose of satisfying the requirements for the double degree.
Qualification for the Award
2. To qualify for the award of the double degree a candidate shall pass a program of study approved by the Academic Senate, totalling not less than 320 units comprising 180 units of Group 1 courses and 140 units of Group 2 courses.
3. Credit may be granted in a maximum of 210 units except that:
(a) no more than 150 units may be granted for work counted towards a completed award; and
(b) the Pro Vice-Chancellor may grant such additional credit as determined to be appropriate for courses completed in the University which have not been counted towards a completed degree.
Grading of the Award in Teaching
(1) The double degree shall be conferred as an ordinary award except that where a candidate has performed at a sufficient standard to be awarded Honours, the award may be conferred with Honours in Teaching.
(2) There shall be two classes of Honours, namely Class I and Class II. Class II has two divisions, namely Division 1 and Division 2.
Withdrawal from Courses
5. Other than in exceptional circumstances approved by the Head of School, a candidate may not withdraw - without academic penalty - from a course containing a practicum or internship after a date determined by the Head of School and advised in the Course Outline for the course.
|Policy Contact||Deputy Academic Registrar, Governance and Policy|
Clause 5 amended, Academic Senate 20 February 2008