General Sir John Monash Scholarships
Wednesday, 18 June 2014
The General Sir John Monash Foundation Scholarships are one of Australia's most prestigious awards, recognising potential leaders in all fields. They are awarded to outstanding Australians graduating from Australian universities to enable them to study abroad at the world's best universities, appropriate to their field of study.
Up to eight Scholarships are offered per year, and are not limited by age, gender, or academic field of study. While no upper age limit is stipulated, Scholarships will be made to those whose major contribution to their field and to the community lies ahead of them.
The Scholarships provide funding of AUD $50,000 per year for a maximum of three years. The John Monash Scholarships may be held concurrently with other scholarships or awards, at the discretion of the Foundation. The annual Award sum of $50,000 is normally paid in two equal payments.
Criteria for the John Monash Scholarships
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen;
- Outstanding intellect: Demonstrated by academic excellence (having completed or are about to complete a university degree or degrees with outstanding results, such as an honours degree (with a classification of 1 or 2A or equivalent), scholarship, language skills, musical skills and/or publications;
- Leadership: demonstrated and potential – within or outside of an Applicant's field or study or professional field;
- Citizenship: community service;
- Well-defined research project or study programme to be conducted at a non-Australian University; ·
- The case presented by the Applicant of the significance of the applicant's potential contribution to their field and to the community;
- Referee reports outlining the applicant's abilities.
If you are interested in applying for a General Sir John Monash Scholarship, please contact Sally Gordon.
Applications close August 2015