UON web site now complete
13 May 2014
The transition of the University of Newcastle web site is now complete, with a fresh new design and structure that has improved the user experience for our key audiences.
Since June 2013 visitors to our web site have seen various changes designed to make information easier to access. This has included:
- regularly updated homepage and key landing page feature images and captions
- an audience focused, topic based navigation
- an integrated degree section, incorporating program and course handbooks
- improved search function for UoN degrees, scholarships and researchers
- news, events and feature widgets shared among different audiences
- improved search response
- automatic feeds from third party systems
In October 2013, the site was a finalist in the Sydney Design Awards (Digital Experience – Web site category) – a great achievement and a clear sign that the new site is achieving its goal to deliver an improved user experience.
Tell us what you think
We have been very grateful for feedback received throughout the transition process. We encourage our visitors to tell us about their experiences. Your input will help us continue to improve the site into the future.
Contact: The UoN Web Services Team
Contact Email: email@example.com