Web site transition nears completion
18 March 2014
During 2013, the University of Newcastle web site began to transition to a fresh new design and structure that would improve the user experience for our key audiences.
The transformation of our site is now almost complete.
Our web site visitors are now able to access information more easily thanks to:
- regularly updated homepage and key landing page feature images and captions
- an audience focused, topic based navigation
- an integrated degree section, incorporating program and course handbooks
- improved search function for UoN degrees, scholarships and researchers
- news, events and feature widgets shared among different audiences
- improved search response
- automatic feeds from third party systems
In October 2013, the site was a finalist in the Sydney Design Awards (Digital Experience – Web site category) – a great achievement and a clear sign that the new site is achieving its goal to deliver an improved user experience.
The process is now almost complete, with the final phase (Current Staff pages) due to roll out in 2014. More information for staff.
Until the transition is complete, some links will redirect to the old web pages.
Tell us what you think
We have been very grateful for feedback received throughout the transition process. We encourage our visitors to tell us about their experiences. Your input will help us continue to improve the site into the future.
Contact: The UoN Web Services Team
Contact Email: email@example.com