Our web site is on the move
04 December 2013
We are almost ready to roll out the final stage of our new web site.
External audiences and our students are now experiencing updated web pages. All that's left is a fresh staff section – which will go live during April.
Major improvements to the site include behind the scenes changes and a new look and feel, which is all designed to make information easier for you to find and access.
Users are also experiencing some exciting new functionality and enhancements, including:
- communication tools such as news and events and feature widgets, which make it easier to share information with key audiences
- an integrated degree section, which incorporates the program and course handbooks
- improved search function for degrees including the addition of alternative keyword search terms
- a scholarship finder with results filtered by study level, faculty, location and keywords
- staff and researcher profiles
The new web pages have attracted a positive response. In October the site was a finalist in the 2013 Sydney Design Awards (Digital Experience – Web site category) – a great achievement and a clear sign that the hard work that went in to improving the user experience has paid off.
As we approach this final stage, visitors to the site may move between the old and the new look pages via a system of 'behind the scenes' automatic page redirects.
While our aim is to make this transition a seamless experience, we do expect the occasional bump along the way.
Tell us what you think
While we appreciate your patience and understanding, we encourage you to tell us about your experiences. This will help us to make our site even better for you and other users in the future.
Contact: The UoN Web Services Team
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org