This is a reference list for University experts who are available during the Christmas and New Year period.
• Mr Martin Babakhan can comment on meteorology, extreme weather conditions, climate and satellite technology. He is able to explain weather warnings in detail. Contact: Mr Martin Babakhan on 0418 146 160. Available every day.
• Professor Hilary Carey can comment on Christmas in Australia and religious history. Contact Professor Carey on 0488 004 936. Available every day.
• Dr Timothy Stanley can comment on theological ethics and religious studies. Contact: Dr Timothy Stanley on email@example.com 0459 514 305. Available every day except Christmas Day.
EXERCISE AND HEALTH:
• Dr David Lubans can comment on physical activity and physical fitness in relation to the prevention and treatment of obesity. Contact: Dr Lubans through Kate Robinson on 0408 115 467. Available every day except Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
• Dr Surinder Baines can comment diet, nutrition and food habits. Contact: Dr Surinder Baines through Kate Robinson on 0408 115 467. Available until 23 December 2011 and after 2 January 2011.
• Dr David Powter can comment on shark behaviour and migration, in particular the Port Jackson shark. Contact: David Powter on 0418 248 823. Available until December 23 and after 30 December.
• Conjoint Professor Ian Whyte can comment on snake bites and treatment. Contact Professor Whyte on 0417 774 943. Available until January 3.
*** Please note the University of Newcastle will be closed from 5pm on Wednesday 21 December 2011 until 9am on Monday 9 January 2012. ***