Can I rename a file once I have created it?
As with moving files, renaming files in TeamSite can be complex and is not recommended unless absolutely necessary. The good news is that file-naming conventions are not as crucial as they have been in previous versions of TeamSite, as Content and Supplementary files do not form part of the URL of your page or site. This means that there are very few occasions when you will need to rename a file.
Renaming a file is a three-step process:
Step 1: Delete the generated version of the file(s) you wish to rename in the top level of the Content workarea.
Step 2: Rename the source file in the templatedata folder.
Step 3: Regenerate the generated file by editing the source file in the templatedata folder and then selecting Finish.
- Login to TeamSite.
- Navigate to the folder in the top level of the Content workarea that contains the generated copy of the file you wish to rename.
- Click the checkboxes next to the names of file(s) you wish to move.
- Delete the generated file(s) by selecting Delete from the File menu at the top left of the TeamSite window. Do NOT delete the generated file's source file in the templatedata folder.
- Navigate to the folder in templatedata that contains the file(s) you wish to move.
- Click the checkboxes next to the names of file(s) you wish to rename.
- Click File in the menu at the top left of the TeamSite window, and select Rename from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the new name of your file in the New name field that will pop up. If you are renaming a
Content, Supplementary Content or Site file, don't forget to add the .xml extension to the
- Click the OK button found in the bottom right-hand corner of the window. The original file(s) you selected to rename will appear greyed out with a red x on its file icon. This means that the file(s) has been marked for deletion. The renamed file will appear with a small pencil on its file icon.
- Click the check box next to the name of the file(s) marked for deletion.
- Click Submit to confirm the file(s) deletion For more information on submitting files see Submitting content.
- Select the checkbox next to the file you have just renamed.
- From the Actions menu at the top left of the TeamSite window, select New Job.
- A new screen will appear. Select Generate File from the list of options.
- Select Finish.
- Submit your file.