Medical Education Research Committee (MERC)
The Medical Education Research Committee operates as a community of practice, rather than a committee. The MERC works to foster individuals and groups who want to carry out medical education research and publish their work.
Aims of MERC
- Build a research culture within the JMP for medical education.
- Build a medical education research profile.
- Support professional development of JMP staff in medical education research.
- Focus on feasible projects such as educational change, technology in medical education and curriculum renewal.
- Encourage grant applications and publications among staff and support Research Higher Degree students.
- Assist staff planning conference attendance
- Engagement with all conjoint/adjunct staff