Rural-Remote Admissions Scheme
The Rural Remote Admissions Scheme (RRAS) is aimed at increasing the number of rural/remote origin students selected for entry to the MD-JMP.
Thirty percent of available Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP) in the MD-JMP will be allocated to students entering under RRAS. In 2014 this translated to a RRAS quota of 51 places (18 at University of New England and 33 at the University of Newcastle).
Candidates considering applying for a position under RRAS are advised to carefully read and ensure they understand the information provided in:
- The 2015 Prospective Student Guide
- Bachelor of Medicine - Joint Medical Program Rural/Remote Admissions Scheme Policy
Both documents contain important information regarding requirements and responsibilities under RRAS.
Enquiries should be directed to:
Future Students Team
Candidates must satisfy the following criteria:
- Academic - candidates must satisfy the minimum academic requirement for admission to the JMP - Doctor of Medicine as outlined in the 2015 Prospective Student Guide due out in May 2014.
- UMAT, MSA and PQA - candidates must satisfy the criteria as outlined in the JMP selection process.
- Have resided in a rural/remote location for at least five years cumulatively since the age of five years (see below Assessment of rural/remote status).
- Only Australian Citizens and Australian Permanent Residents are eligible to apply under RRAS - New Zealand Citizens are ineligible.