Transportation - International student travel discounts
In October 2012, the NSW Government announced travel discounts for international students available in annual and 90 day passes. This offers up to 35% discount on public transport in NSW.
The MyMulti travel passes are available to you in the MyMulti2 and MyMulti3 passes. These passes will entitle you to unlimited bus, light rail and ferry travel in the Greater Sydney area, and CityRail travel within a defined zone depending on pass purchased.
|Travel Pass||Discount Price||Discount %|
|My Multi2 Annual||$1560||24%|
MyMulti3 will suit you if you are studying at Ourimbah, Callaghan or the Newcastle Business School, or if you are studying at the Sydney Precinct but living outside of the Sydney metropolitan area.
MyMulti2 will suit best if you are studying and living in the Sydney area and not frequently travelling outside of the Sydney Metropolitan area.
You can find more detail on the MyMulti Travel Program Brochure
How to buy a pass
Email International Reception and request the University of Newcastle 6-character CRICOS (Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students) provider code and your 10-character one-time MyMulti code.
- Go to Online tickets to register for online ticketing.
- Once you have registered, fill in your email address and password to Login.
- On the 'Buy tickets' page, click on 'MyMulti 2 & 3 for eligible international students'.
- Enter your institution's CRICOS provider code and the 10-character one-time MyMulti code your institution gave you. Click Proceed.
- Select your MyMulti ticket and click Get quote. Check your purchase and click Add to cart.
- Click View cart.
- Recheck your purchase and click Checkout.
- Confirm delivery method, complete your credit card details and click Place order.
- Your MyMulti purchase will be confirmed onscreen, and your MyMulti ticket will be sent by Express Post to your registered address within 3 business days.
Replacement of lost card
Replacements may be processed and will incur a standard fee of $27.00.
For more information please visit Transport for NSW