iLEAD - International leadership
International Leadership Experience and Development Program (iLEAD)
The University of Newcastle's International Leadership Experience and Development (iLEAD) Program is an extra-curricular Leadership Program that enables you to participate in additional activities on top of your regular degree studies. It gives you the opportunity to gain experience and skills in the areas of leadership and international awareness.
As part of the program you will go to dynamic, interactive lectures to learn about international issues and to build your leadership experience.
You will meet with highly respected international figures – people who are famous in their fields of expertise, who have travelled the world, who have led and been part of significant international events and organisations.
You will build new skills through your own international experiences which could include student exchange, international conferences, volunteering, internships or community work.
Why participate in iLead?
- Looks great on your resume
- Meet students from around the world
- Hear from talented national and international leaders across a range of fields
- Get involved with the local community
- International Exchange and volunteer experiences available
- Free to participate and no exams
- On completion of the full iLEAD program, recognition on your Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement (AHEGS)
See the Get Involved page for more information on programs and activities